An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Spottings

Mary+Immaculate<3

OnlySunshine

Visitation sisters use quite a bit of starch: http://vistyr.org/

But the only order I can think of with both a habit and a pin is the Passionists. I interviewed them. I couldn't get over the pin. I found it so odd. Why not just hang the thing like a necklace?, I wondered. Maybe that was just all the rage back in 18th-century Italy?    :idontknow: 

I believe they wear them over the heart for a reason.  ;)

I'm afraid that's not the order. These sisters looked like they practically had a black dress on, but with a white garment (perhaps petticoat?) just sticking out under the hem of their black dress. The wimple had a hard, starched look, like Mother Angelica's.

Then they had a black habit? Like these?

Benedictines+of+Mary+2.JPG

BarbTherese

No, them fools is stalking me! I don't ask for them or search them, I just see 'em!

You need to watch that one.  Someone I knew didn't know much about nuns at all and had no attraction.  One day she realized she was seeing nuns everywhere she went it seemed to her.  Later, she decided to investigate about nuns and their lives at a convent she knew about.  She came away in shock with an entrance date and list of what she needed.  This was of course pre V2 - she is still in religious life to my knowledge.

Went to a funeral yesterday of an incredible really good Catholic married man and Dad of five.  He really was simply an outstanding human being to all who knew him and an all embracing one.  In the eulogy it was stated that he had entered the seminary at 15 years of age..........of all things!  The priest who celebrated the Requiem Mass had been in the seminary with him.  I have known that priest since I was in my teens.  Ahh it really is a very small world all in all. 

..............but do watch that 'nuns are stalking me' factor!. :cupid:..........it just might be for a very good reason................