Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

PhuturePriest
Posted

So, I have a question concerning relationships and somewhat racist parents.

My parents are a little racist, particularly towards Spanish people. However, they believe you should never marry outside of your race period, Spanish or not. I've never liked a non-white girl (Probably because I don't know any), but I'm not opposed to marrying someone of a different color. When my sister was younger, she asked my dad what he would think if she dated a black guy. He was adamant that she not do this, but assured her he wasn't racist. I've personally always hoped I would marry a Japanese girl, as I find them incredibly attractive. I remembered my sister's test with my father, so I tried it on my mother. When I asked her what she would think if I married a Japanese girl, she said she would disown me, and that "You marry within your race." Oh, the bigotry...

Anyway, what should I do if I ever am in a relationship with a non-white girl? I would never get my parents' approval, which is obviously kind of important, though I think I could live without it if I loved the girl.

Posted

I dated a girl who was the same race of me once.  She bit me.  Pretty hard.  It wasn't cute.  Or sexy.  

 

Take from that what you will.

PhuturePriest
Posted

I dated a girl who was the same race of me once. She bit me. Pretty hard. It wasn't cute. Or sexy.

Take from that what you will.


I take from this that I will prop this post the moment props come back.
IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I dated a girl who was the same race of me once.  She bit me.  Pretty hard.  It wasn't cute.  Or sexy.  

 

Take from that what you will.

 

:hehe:
 

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I have zero practical advice for you. This is not something I have ever had to deal with. If not for multiracial marriages I would not exist. Therefore I think they're pretty dang legit.

 

Posted

My advice is to not do that thing where you kind of laugh because you're uncomfortable.  That just encourages the biters.  

PhuturePriest
Posted

I have zero practical advice for you. This is not something I have ever had to deal with. If not for multiracial marriages I would not exist. Therefore I think they're pretty dang legit.


What makes me laugh is I'm technically not purely white. I'm a small part Cherokee Indian, hence the somewhat dark skin and dark hair. I was actually talking to my mother today about that. She was talking about how proud she was that we're Irish, referring to Ireland as our "Homeland" (Despite the fact we're mostly German), and when I said America was a part if my "homeland" since I'm part Indian (It's nit from her side), she dismissed it as stupid, and I can't help but feel it's probably because it's a reminder that I'm not fully white.
Nihil Obstat
Posted

Clearly the best option here is to learn a foreign language, then move somewhere far away where you are very much a racial minority. Stay there for about a year, and then come back with a serious girlfriend.
Preferably some place like Dakar or Gabon. The more unfamiliar the better.
I guess Japan works if you want to be a hardcore weaboo. :| But the girl you come back with has to be an absolute moeblob.
[spoiler]
1343618375761.jpg
[spoiler]
oh-god-why.png
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
 
Basically it is shock therapy. The shock either kills them or cures them.

 

 

Beyond that, and in a serious sense, I have nothing. Racism is not really a thing I have ever encountered in any relevant sense.

CatholicsAreKewl
Posted (edited)

So, I have a question concerning relationships and somewhat racist parents.

My parents are a little racist, particularly towards Spanish people. However, they believe you should never marry outside of your race period, Spanish or not. I've never liked a non-white girl (Probably because I don't know any), but I'm not opposed to marrying someone of a different color. When my sister was younger, she asked my dad what he would think if she dated a black guy. He was adamant that she not do this, but assured her he wasn't racist. I've personally always hoped I would marry a Japanese girl, as I find them incredibly attractive. I remembered my sister's test with my father, so I tried it on my mother. When I asked her what she would think if I married a Japanese girl, she said she would disown me, and that "You marry within your race." Oh, the bigotry...

Anyway, what should I do if I ever am in a relationship with a non-white girl? I would never get my parents' approval, which is obviously kind of important, though I think I could live without it if I loved the girl.

 

They'll get over it. I think the greatest evil in the world is tribalism. The quickest fix to the problem is cross-pollination. Marry that Japanese girl.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl
Nihil Obstat
Posted

Korean girls are also quite attractive. As are girls from all ethnic groups. But yeah. Stay on topic.

 

sulli.jpg

PhuturePriest
Posted

They'll get over it. I think the greatest evil in the world is tribalism. The quickest fix to the problem is cross-pollination. Marry that Japanese girl.


I don't know. I've heard of people whose parents cut off all tied with them over something like this. I'm not certain that would happen if I married a Japanese girl, but it might if she is Spanish. Either way, my mother in particular will resent the girl and treat her pretty terribly.
Posted

It's not an immediate concern, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

 

But, if your parents disapprove of a relationship for such petty reasons, then their approval really isn't that important. 

Posted (edited)

Are your parents Catholicc ? Do they practice ? If so how can they be racist ? Isn't that a mortal sin ?

Edited by Guest
Posted

I think you should cross that bridge if and when you come to it. ;)

Anastasia13
Posted

Tell your parents how great your girlfriend/fiance/wife is. Tell them how great she treats there only loving son and how happy she makes him.  When I asked my parents what they would do if I ever brought home a guy who looked like a Kiss fan, face paint and all, that is what my dad said he would want for me, for him to treat me right.

homeschoolmom
Posted

"Spanish" is neither a race nor a color.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q29YR5-t3gg

franciscanheart
Posted

Do you mean Hispanic? :huh: Spanish girls tend to be fair-skinned anyway so she probably wouldn't even know. Unless you mean Hispanic. Then you might have a problem. Unless you meet someone like me who gets confused for other ethnicities all the time.

More importantly though: you're Caucasian? :blink: Weird.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

Do you mean Hispanic? :huh: Spanish girls tend to be fair-skinned anyway so she probably wouldn't even know. Unless you mean Hispanic. Then you might have a problem. Unless you meet someone like me who gets confused for other ethnicities all the time.

More importantly though: you're Caucasian? :blink: Weird.

 

Yes, Hispanic is the word I was going for. Give me some slack, it was late and I was on my iPod. :P

 

Hahaha! What did you think I was? Whatever you thought, I'm not technically 100% Caucasian, as I explained in the last page.

Edited by FuturePriest387
PhuturePriest
Posted

Are your parents Catholicc ? Do they practice ? If so how can they be racist ? Isn't that a mortal sin ?

 

They don't think they're racist, so I think it's one of the cases where they're racist and don't realize it, thus meaning it's not a mortal sin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...