Anomaly Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 In a court of law by fallible humans. It will be interesting to see who chides to react with hate and bring violence.
BG45 Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 State Attorney is already on TV talking about the justice system's due process model and how violence is not the answer.
Amppax Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 In a court of law by fallible humans. It will be interesting to see who chides to react with hate and bring violence. Good to see you back. I was just talking about this at dinner with my Dad and Uncle. One hardcore liberal, the other die-hard conservative. It was an interesting dinner.
Guest Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Watch your back George...Karma can be a mean beach...
Amppax Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Watch your back George...Karma can be a mean beach... Could be. Except karma doesn't exist.
Socrates Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Watch your back George...Karma can be a mean beach... I'm really feelin' the love here. . . .
PhuturePriest Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 I honestly haven't looked into it enough to care. But from what I've gathered: Zimmerman was being stupid. At the same time, I don't know enough to decide on whether or not his life was in danger.
PhuturePriest Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Watch your back George...Karma can be a mean beach... Karma is a heretical pagan belief.
Kateri89 Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 My knowledge of this case is entirely based on what friends/family have discussed so I really don't have an opinion on the verdict. Whether he is actually guilty or not though, this is a devastating blow to the parents of Trayvon. Their son is dead and they want someone to be punished for it but the man they believe is responsible will walk free. I can't imagine that feeling.
Amppax Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Karma is a heretical pagan belief. fify http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07256b.htm
Amppax Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 My knowledge of this case is entirely based on what friends/family have discussed so I really don't have an opinion on the verdict. Whether he is actually guilty or not though, this is a devastating blow to the parents of Trayvon. Their son is dead and they want someone to be punished for it but the man they believe is responsible will walk free. I can't imagine that feeling. There's no question George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. The question is whether he is guilty of murder, or if he killed Trayvon in self-defense.
Guest Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 (edited) And you don't know if karma exist...Something like it seems to though...Sorta the what goes up must come down kind of thing....Heaven and hell...Purgatory...Choices bring cause and effect...Mabey its not karma but its something close to it... Edited July 14, 2013 by Guest
Guest Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 I'm really feelin' the love here. . . . George was really feelin the love also when he identified himself as a neighborhood watch guy...O wait...
CatherineM Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Florida's law is clear. You are allowed to stand your ground even if you're stupid. Stanford is one of those traditionally black towns that had the misfortune of being close enough to Orlando that it got bedroom community encroachment, and that means gated communities. He's guilty of being a racist, an idiot, a cop wannabe, but not of murder.
Amppax Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 (edited) And you don't know if karma exist...Something like it seems to though...Sorta the what comes up must go down kind of thing....Heaven and hell...Purgatory...Choices bring cause and effect...Mabey its not karma but its something close to it... I think the Catholic equivalent would be Divine Providence. But it is very different than karma. I do agree, karma as an idea has some hints of truth. But I stand by my previous statement. Karma, as conceptualized in Indian religions, doesn't exist. I don't mean to beat up on you. It was somewhat of a reflex, when I see something wrong I tend to correct. Nothing personal. I'll stop derailing this now. Apologies. Edited July 14, 2013 by Amppax
Guest Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 (edited) No worries...And you don't know if its "wrong" or not...You think its wrong but that doesn't make it fact...Mabey the indians are right...We really don't know.... Edited July 14, 2013 by Guest
Socrates Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 My knowledge of this case is entirely based on what friends/family have discussed so I really don't have an opinion on the verdict. Whether he is actually guilty or not though, this is a devastating blow to the parents of Trayvon. Their son is dead and they want someone to be punished for it but the man they believe is responsible will walk free. I can't imagine that feeling. All the actual evidence is that Martin attacked first, and that he was on top of Zimmerman beating the $#!+ out of him before he pulled his gun. Self-defense was likely - at worst, given the known facts, Zimmerman might have been guilty of manslaughter. A decision in a court of law should be based in the law, not in feelings. Heretical as that notion may be for many in 21st century America.
Socrates Posted July 14, 2013 Posted July 14, 2013 Florida's law is clear. You are allowed to stand your ground even if you're stupid. Stanford is one of those traditionally black towns that had the misfortune of being close enough to Orlando that it got bedroom community encroachment, and that means gated communities. He's guilty of being a racist, an idiot, a cop wannabe, but not of murder. What actual evidence do you have that Zimmerman harbored racist beliefs or motivations? Again, only in America can an Obama-voting Hispanic become the poster boy for white racism. And why in the heck is this particular shooting death trial, as opposed to countless others in this country, of such vital importance to our country that it's become almost the sole media obsession?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now