Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I would love to know exactly what Trayvon was doing that constituted suspicious behavior.  

 

#racism

 

I have family and friends from Florida.  All have made comments at one point or another about his hood being up, all saying that "people don't DO that in Florida, it's weird."  This completely puzzles me.  What's the point of a hoodie if you don't use the hood?  Doesn't make any sense to me, but that's what I've heard.  Not to mention it was raining.  

Edited by Amppax
Posted

You should try getting your info from stuff other than the maliciously edited tapes NBC cooked up last year.

 

 

For everyone else with all the evidence as to how it went down and Zimmerman murdered Martin, maybe you should have called up the Prosecution and offered to be a witness.

 

Because every credible witness that the prosecution called ended up backing Zimmerman's story.

 

 

Myself, regardless of how it truly went down(because like many self defense cases, there is little hard evidence or direct witnesses/videotape/etc), I am thankful something called Reasonable Doubt exists, and that you cant just send a guy to prison for 30 years because of thin circumstantial evidence, you dont like the guy, or you just need to "do something".

 

This wouldnt have even been a story if the race angle wasnt pushed by the media, and if it wasnt falsely reported on so heavily. Interesting to see a hispanic man, who is as white as Obama is, being the face of white racism in the USA.

 

I don't watch NBC and I have no idea what tapes you're talking about.  I believe Zimmerman's story.  In broad brush strokes.  Parts of his story do not make sense.  Ice-Nine has pointed this.  I've never thought that Zimmerman went hunting to murder Martin that night.  I think he's probably a normal guy, albeit something of an abusive prick, who's also kind of a racist.  Why do I think he's a racist?  Because he saw a black kid doing absolutely nothing suspicious, asides from being a young black male, and he followed him.  

 

There wouldn't have been a race angle to the story if Zimmerman hadn't acted like a racist.  

Posted

"Hi, my name is _________, and I'm with the neighborhood watch. Are you a resident here, or perhaps visiting?"

 

Best to say this from a distance.

 

 

Posted

Walking around at night in the rain is suspicious.

#yourracebaitingislame

 

 

What the floopy are you talking about?

Posted

What the floopy are you talking about?

 

^This. 

Posted

Or better yet Zimmerman could of just let the cops come and handle it...It amazing some of you people think Martin just went ape ish on Zimmerman for no reason. You actually believe Zimmerman didn't provoke a fight ?Even though he has past domestic violence issues and was violent with an under cover cop ? Zimmerman is an idiot and I hope he's smart enough to not show is face so he doesn't get murdered. Cause I don't want him to get murdered. That's not the answer.

 

I don't think he "went apeish" for no reason. But that's not a reason to convict somebody of murder. It's immaterial if George Zimmerman started it by mouthing off or being a racist scumbag. Are you convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he didn't shoot in self defense? If there is room for one iota of doubt in your mind "well it's possible he was being beat up and pulled the trigger in fear for his life, we'll never know for sure" then you have to acquit the person of murder.

 

If you can honestly say, "there's only 3 people who really know how this went down, Zimmerman, Martin and God" then you have to say not guilty.

 

I realize that's not how the system works for many black men who are accused of violent crimes, but that's how it's supposed to work.

KnightofChrist
Posted

What the floopy are you talking about?


Walking around at night in the rain can legitimately be seen as suspicious. Which is what Martin was doing.
Posted

I don't watch NBC and I have no idea what tapes you're talking about.  I believe Zimmerman's story.  In broad brush strokes.  Parts of his story do not make sense.  Ice-Nine has pointed this.  I've never thought that Zimmerman went hunting to murder Martin that night.  I think he's probably a normal guy, albeit something of an abusive prick, who's also kind of a racist.  Why do I think he's a racist?  Because he saw a black kid doing absolutely nothing suspicious, asides from being a young black male, and he followed him.  

 

There wouldn't have been a race angle to the story if Zimmerman hadn't acted like a racist.  

 

 

Those were the tapes that were passed around that made it seem racially based. If you check out the unedited tapes, Zimmerman never mentioned race or anything like that, until the operator specifically asked him the ethnicity of the person he was talking about. "uhh, maybe black i guess"

 

Given his background(Hispanic American law student, raised in a racially integrated household, and has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather, he partnered with a black friend to start a business as a young man, he mentored and tutored minority children for free, he lead the inquiry into the official death of a black homeless man, and publicly criticized the Sanford Police Department for allegedly covering it up, he lived in a gated community, in which 20% of the residents were black and no one testified that Zimmerman had been stalking or harassing people in the neighborhood, or that he had shown any type of bigoted or racist behavior.), the allegations that he was at least somewhat racist dont have any basis in fact to me.

It isnt racist to see someone skulking about in the rain in a neighborhood that had had a bunch of recent breakins and go "maybe that guy is suspicious". There are plenty of sketchy white guys in hoods where i live.

 

Is there any evidence that he was racially motivated, aside from the overwhelming creation of it in the media based on edited tapes and speculation? one thousand "Is Zimmerman a racist child murderer? more at 11" and all of a sudden "It is known" that he is a racist.

 

I dont think this story would have ended any differently had the races been switched around, or both the same or whatever. It is hard to separate from the media coverage, which has been pushing the race angle hard from both sides, but i just dont see it in the actual incident.

PhuturePriest
Posted

Walking around at night in the rain can legitimately be seen as suspicious. Which is what Martin was doing.

 

I love going on walks. I also love the rain. Thus, I specifically go on walks whenever it is raining. I love it and it feels nice. What's suspicious about that?

Lilllabettt
Posted

I don't watch NBC and I have no idea what tapes you're talking about.  I believe Zimmerman's story.  In broad brush strokes.  Parts of his story do not make sense.  Ice-Nine has pointed this.  I've never thought that Zimmerman went hunting to murder Martin that night.  I think he's probably a normal guy, albeit something of an abusive prick, who's also kind of a racist.  Why do I think he's a racist?  Because he saw a black kid doing absolutely nothing suspicious, asides from being a young black male, and he followed him.  

 

There wouldn't have been a race angle to the story if Zimmerman hadn't acted like a racist.  

 

I don't think Zimmerman is any more racist than the typical person.  I consider myself rather more self-aware than average about my own implicit racism, but I could see myself following Trayvon Martin given the circumstances. 

Posted (edited)

I love going on walks. I also love the rain. Thus, I specifically go on walks whenever it is raining. I love it and it feels nice. What's suspicious about that?

 

 

Nothing.  Nothing at all.  Knight is completely talking out of his butt.  

Edited by Hasan
CatholicsAreKewl
Posted

My opinion - Zimmerman was kinda dumb and immature. But he was frustrated with everything going on in his neighborhood and wanted to watch Martin. Anyhow. He apparently had marijuana in his system so he's not the completely innocent kid everyone claims. I think Zimmerman acted stupidly, but not criminally. I think its unfortunate that the media by playing this up as a "race" case, has completely ruined his life. There's a reason he wasn't arrested for so long. Honestly I feel bad for everyone involved, Zimmerman, his relatives, and Trayvon Martin's relatives.

 

What? Did the media actually hype up the fact that he had marijuana in his system? I would have been more concerned if he was drunk. 

KnightofChrist
Posted (edited)

I love going on walks. I also love the rain. Thus, I specifically go on walks whenever it is raining. I love it and it feels nice. What's suspicious about that?


It can be suspicious behavior. Most people don't like walking around in the rain at night, it's out of the ordinary. If you do it at night a cop can legitimately find it as suspicious. Edited by KnightofChrist
Posted

My Cousin Nathan will be Trayvon's age soon enough and he lives in flooping South Carolina.  I'm glad he gets to grow up in a world where people like Eagle_Eye, Knight, and Socrates get to consider him suspicious if he's walking back home too late.  I'm glad he get's to grow up in a world where grown flooping men can stalk him on his way home if he's out getting some flooping skittles.  

 

I'm white.  I go walking and running all the time at night and in the rain and I'm never consider suspicious.  Mysteriously enough.  Nathan's the wrong skin color, though.  He's black.  He better be careful not to go walking in the rain otherwise some racist piece of poo will get to lable him suspicious and make him feel like a flooping criminal in his own flooping neighborhood.  

Posted

It can be suspicious behavior. Most people don't like walking around in the rain at night, it's out of the ordinary. If you do it at night a cop can legitimately find it as suspicious.

 

 

You're a crappy libertarian or whatever you are.  Freedom from the state!!!  Unless it's a black kid.  Then if he get's harassed by the cops ( or any middle age racist prick) then he had it coming.  Boy should know better than to go walking around at night.  

KnightofChrist
Posted

My Cousin Nathan will be Trayvon's age soon enough and he lives in flooping South Carolina. I'm glad he gets to grow up in a world where people like Eagle_Eye, Knight, and Socrates get to consider him suspicious if he's walking back home too late. I'm glad he get's to grow up in a world where grown flooping men can stalk him on his way home if he's out getting some flooping skittles.

I'm white. I go walking and running all the time at night and in the rain and I'm never consider suspicious. Mysteriously enough. Nathan's the wrong skin color, though. He's black. He better be careful not to go walking in the rain otherwise some racist piece of poo will get to lable him suspicious and make him feel like a flooping criminal in his own flooping neighborhood.


Walking around at night in the rain can be considered suspicious. I'm sorry you cannot be honest and admit that.
CatholicsAreKewl
Posted (edited)

My Cousin Nathan will be Trayvon's age soon enough and he lives in flooping South Carolina.  I'm glad he gets to grow up in a world where people like Eagle_Eye, Knight, and Socrates get to consider him suspicious if he's walking back home too late.  I'm glad he get's to grow up in a world where grown flooping men can stalk him on his way home if he's out getting some flooping skittles.  

 

I'm white.  I go walking and running all the time at night and in the rain and I'm never consider suspicious.  Mysteriously enough.  Nathan's the wrong skin color, though.  He's black.  He better be careful not to go walking in the rain otherwise some racist piece of poo will get to lable him suspicious and make him feel like a flooping criminal in his own flooping neighborhood.  

 

It's odd. As much as I argue that racism is overblown in America, it still exists. I've talked to a good share of policemen in my large city and was surprised to discover that some of them come off as pretty beaver dam racist. It's a little more subtle. Maybe it's a weird form of classism that happens to be mixed with race. Whatever it is, though, there is a certain appearance, way of dressing, talking, and acting that some officers were not very fond of (would make fun of) and I think it definitely had an impact on the way they dealt with situations.  

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl
Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ&feature=player_detailpage

Posted

Walking around at night in the rain can be considered suspicious.

 

Yes, it can be.  If it's accompanied by additional suspicious behavior.  However just walking at night and in the rain is not suspicious and it sure as hell doesn't give you the right to stalk a flooping teenager who's just walking home with some flooping skittles and ice-tea.

 

  I'm sorry you cannot be honest and admit that.

 

Not nearly as sorry as I am that my little cousin is going to have to grow up in a world full of people like you.  I hope he makes it.  He's a really sweet kid.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...