Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

By any chance, are you a police officer, considering you seem to be a bit happy to make comments asking such things, at those you disagree with?

 

Um...when did i disagree with Winchester?

Posted

 I didn't know that you were an avid COPS fan.

I'm not.

Posted

Um...when did i disagree with Winchester?

Sorry "disagreeing" isn't the right word.  It just seems you've been engaging in a very pointed line of questioning at certain folks?  

Posted

The 1st reference was due to his being asked by the police, “what race is he?" Fine… but keep listening and Zimmerman voluntarily says that the suspicious character is a "black male." Anyway, that wasn't really the main point of my post.

 

The fact that he mentions his sex ("male") proves that he's also a sexist as well.

Posted

The fact that he mentions his sex ("male") proves that he's also a sexist as well.

 

He's a hoodiest, which is even graver.

Posted

I'm not.

 

CB radio enthusiast?

Posted

Sorry "disagreeing" isn't the right word.  It just seems you've been engaging in a very pointed line of questioning at certain folks?  

 

How so...exactly? 

Posted

CB radio enthusiast?

Nope.

Posted

Nope.

 

Emergency responder? Neighborhood watch captain? 

Posted (edited)

Emergency responder? Neighborhood watch captain? 

The former.

 

I am just making the observation that physical descriptions like the one Zimmerman gave, even repeated, do not seem to indicate racism, in my experience. I have 15 years at very busy stations in one of the largest fire departments in the US, so while my experience with civilians in stressful situations is anecdotal, it's also considerable (in my opinion).

Edited by Winchester
Posted

The former.

 

I am just making the observation that physical descriptions like the one Zimmerman gave, even repeated, do not seem to indicate racism, in my experience. I have 15 years at very busy stations in one of the largest fire departments in the US, so while my experience with civilians in stressful situations is anecdotal, it's also considerable (in my opinion).

 

 I was genuinely interested in knowing what your experience was. Makes sense. :like:

Posted

 I was genuinely interested in knowing what your experience was. Makes sense. :like:

I took it that way. You've always been a nice guy, I just wanted to go through several messages only answering the exact question you asked. 

PhuturePriest
Posted

'nice black people' isn't what I typed.  I guess the fiddler changed it.  Just as well.  

 

Well, at least now we've discovered even the N word is filtered. Oh, Dust... :love:

Posted

I took it that way. You've always been a nice guy, I just wanted to go through several messages only answering the exact question you asked. 

 

Thanks. It's always fun to disrupt controversial topics on PM though, wouldn't you say?

 

Emergency/rescue workers are great people...thanks for your service! I know I wouldn't be here without the quick responders who got me to the hospital when i stopped breathing.

Posted

 

Emergency/rescue workers are great people.

 

 

False.  Scum of the earth, they are.  Particularly Winchester.  

Posted

False.  Scum of the earth, they are.  Particularly Winchester.  

This is confirmed by my anecdotal experience.

Posted

Agreed on those points.  While I respect that the due process model of justice was used, with a jury deciding Zimmerman's legal guilt/non-guilt, I was shocked he didn't at least get manslaughter.  A seventeen year old kid died and by not paying attention to what 911 told him to do, he at least set up the situation that led to it, by getting out of the car.  Conflicting claims of having the gun pulled or not, from the moment he left the car, he set up a situation that was going to end poorly.

Local media here in Fla has covered the trail thoroughly.

George Zimmerman was in the neighborhood watch.  Trayvon Martin was visiting/staying at his Dad's' for a few days. The neighborhood had been experiencing a rash of burglaries including a shooting. 

 

GZ called nonemergency police # (not 911) and reported a person GZ did no recognize wandering around, in the rain, looking at houses.  During the call TM ran off.  GZ left the vehicle to see which direction TM ran to.  911 did not request GZ to not follow TM until GZ left the vehicle.  GZ claims he was confronted on the way back to his truck and seemed to be discussing where to meet the police on  the phone.  The Prosecution claims TM was confronted by GZ. 

 

Multiple witnenesses heard voices and then someone yelling for help 12 to 15 times, followed by a gunshot.  TM had a gunshot wound, no other bruising.  GZ had a broken nose, cuts to the back of his head.  Multiple witness said one person was on top of the other. TM was 158 lb 5'11", GZ 185/200 lb 5'7.  The 911 call started at 7:09 and ended at 7:15.

 

The jury was provided instructions to convict for Man Slaughter as well as Second Degree Murder.  The jury chose not guilty for either charge.  The jury does not designate not guilty because they are "innocent" vs  not guilty because of "lack of evidence".

 

I find it amusing how some people are stubbornly biased, willfully ignorant, naively uniformed, and unreasonable while accusing the other parties of the same.  It's entertaining as always.

Posted

Do you know if the vehicles on neighborhood watch were marked as such? Our neighborhood watch people on patrol had magnetic signs for their cars. Of course, if Zimmerman hadn't been officially on watch, that wouldn't have been the case, anyway. 

Posted
I find it amusing how some people are stubbornly biased, willfully ignorant, naively uniformed, and unreasonable while accusing the other parties of the same.  It's entertaining as always.

 

I'm glad this so tickled you.

 

Y'all are crazy if you don't think there are people in this world who want to be tough guys and who cause trouble knowing they can safely stand behind self-defense laws with impunity. This is of course a manipulation and perversion of the spirit of the law, and while I am 100% in agreement that you should have the legal right to defend your life (a Vermont native told me that if you kill someone in self-defense you will be found guilty, I don't know how true this is but it seems some states have piss poor reasoning in this area, like "castle law" and forcing you to retreat, but I digress)

 

But to carry on like there aren't thugs who know and manipulate these laws to get off on a power kick is ridiculous. Can this be proven of Zimmerman? I don't know, but it really seems that way, and just as I don't call for a public hanging of the guy does not mean I will rush to his defense. I hope he feels sorry for taking a young life and for initiating a confrontation with an unarmed kid knowing full well he had a lethal weapon.

 

Seems like everyone is lining up on their characteristic side. Maybe myself included. Fact is a young was killed. It's sad.

Posted

and God-forbid, sorry we're getting a little too emotional. It must be nice to sit on that supreme throne of rationality uttering nothing but verifiable facts all day, unbridled by the silly trappings of human emotion. /sarcasm

 

blame it on the e-e-e-e-e-estrogen

 

I need a drink

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...