An Old School Catholic Message Board

Katiebobatie94's Countdown

Katiebobatie94

Please ask before posting pictures of people. Katie and friends may or may not have wanted that.

I got it off of the Imagine Sisters fb page. It is also posted on the Salesian Sisters fb page, so I figured it was ok.

But thank you for the reminder 171. =)

I got it off of the Imagine Sisters fb page. It is also posted on the Salesian Sisters fb page, so I figured it was ok.

But thank you for the reminder 171. =)

Even then, just ask Katie on PM or wait till she posts it. Some aspirants don't like having their face on public forums.

Even then, just ask Katie on PM or wait till she posts it. Some aspirants don't like having their face on public forums.

If the information is completely public (i.e. the identity is known because it was published on an open fb page or community's website) then there is really nothing to stop it from being public.  It is public already.

If the information was from a private source (i.e. a picture you took while visiting) then it would be prudent to ask permission.  This would be the case if a picture of the postulants/aspirants are posted but no identifying information (i.e. anything that said "this is so-and-so from the state of nnnnn").

Finally you could ask the person via PM, but in many cases even aspirants will not have internet access.

If the information is completely public (i.e. the identity is known because it was published on an open fb page or community's website) then there is really nothing to stop it from being public. It is public already.

If the information was from a private source (i.e. a picture you took while visiting) then it would be prudent to ask permission. This would be the case if a picture of the postulants/aspirants are posted but no identifying information (i.e. anything that said "this is so-and-so from the state of nnnnn").

Finally you could ask the person via PM, but in many cases even aspirants will not have internet access.

In this case she does have Internet access. I believe she has said this on her countdown thread. If she didn't say it here, I know she told me.

In this case she does have Internet access. I believe she has said this on her countdown thread. If she didn't say it here, I know she told me.

you're wrong on this one, the171.  Nothing is more "out there" than facebook. Obviously the community wants the picture out there.

Its good though to think about where pictures are coming from before we post them.

because once its out, its out!