An Old School Catholic Message Board

Investiture Dsmme

Totally Franciscan

I loved reading the story that the new Sister Consolata's father wrote about her name but do not know her given name

Where did he write about this?

Where did he write about this?

Robb Ave Maria In June our daughter told us she was thinking about the name Sister "Mary Consolata". I thought it was nice but nothing special. A month later in his address to thousands of novices and seminarians, Pope Francis used the word "consolation" 17 times (and spoke of Mary). It seemed to me as if the pope had written a letter to my daughter approving of the name she was hoping to recieve today. The beauty of his explanation of religious life moved me. The name "Mary Consolata" became very special to me. I mailed the pope's words to her. I am overjoyed with her new name.http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/francesco/homilies/2013/documents/papa-francesco_20130707_omelia-seminaristi-novizie_en.html

Sister Millna was her birth name.

domenica_therese

PS anyone have news on Deus_te_Amat? She should also be getting her habit about now-ish too!

Actually, I wouldn't get your hopes up for pictures; I heard she discerned out before investiture. Judging by the rate at which the ND's put up pictures -- especially of the postulants -- it probably would have been six months to a year before you eventually figured that out though. :P So it's probably best you learn now to save you the fruitless stalking trouble. I'm sure she'd appreciate prayers.  :like: (Who wouldn't?!)

I have to say I prefer the ND way of doing it. I feel like the call to become a DSMME is also a call to become a super public figure with lots of fangirls on the internet, and I'd have trouble adjusting to that. I feel like it would also complicate hearing the interior voice in their discernment process since their journey has been so public, and we have to remember the postulancy and novitiate and all of that are still discernment periods. I think the Nashies might even have rules about not taking pictures of the novices in order to preserve their privacy since it's supposed to be a "cloistered" year. Might be wrong on that though.

Edited by domenica_therese

RELIGIOUS NAMES OF THE NEW NOVCES!!
NOVICE POSTULANT NAMES
Sr. Mary Andre Sr. Laura
Sr. Chiara Luce Sr. Maria Rose
Sr. Mary Paul Sr. Kate
Sr. Irenaeus Sr. Lisa
Sr. John Catherine Sr. Amanda
Sr. Mary Dolores Sr. Sophia
Sr. Mary Jordan Sr. Leah
Sr. Mary Concepta Sr. Elizabeth Lee
Sr. Mary Bernard Sr. Caitlyn