An Old School Catholic Message Board

First Profession Of Sr. Louise Marie, Micm

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Yesterday Sr. Louise Marie, MICM (www.sistersofstbenedictcenter.org) made her First Profession. Sister made her retreat here last week.

The sister next to her is Sr. Cecilia, the superior. She prepared me for First Holy Communion, Confirmation. Taught me History, Latin, Math and religion. Was my Senior year principal and my novice mistress! She also taught me all about the Dominican Order so I tease her that it is her fault that I am a Dominican!

BSTvOjlCYAA0_nj.jpg

BSTvVMmCAAE5rNk.jpg

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Did they change their habit? Or am I confused? I thought those sisters were these sisters: https://www.facebook.com/SistersMICM but the habits seem different?

It's a LONG story but there are 2 separate communities of Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Still River. There is the original community of mostly older sisters (this is Sr.LM's community) and the community on Facebook. The differences are from the long-ago past and really water under the bridge now. (or is it water OVER the bridge). The habits are also slightly different.

brandelynmarie

I run into these sisters once and awhile at a nearby shrine. They are very devout and are dedicated to the salvation of souls. Congratulations to their community & ad multos annos Sister Louise Marie! Thanks for sharing, Sister Mary Catharine!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

NIKITA92, many of the sisters are quite old and need care. They are beautiful, though. It is so awe-ing to see Sisters who were my teachers, very active and full of energy and fun, now to be needing a lot of care but very peaceful and very prayerful. There are adaptions made because of the needs of the older sisters but it is still a strong community life.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I really don't know. I hear talk but that may be all that it is. I think time will tell!

Sr. Mary Jeremiah OP

Thank you so much , Sister Mary Catherine, for sharing those radiant photos!!

I loved seeing the elderly saint who was so instrumental in forming you in your Catholic faith, and into the wonderful and dynamic Dominican nun you are today. May she have a special reward in heaven.  :nun3:

Your contributions are always so uplifting. Thanks,

Sr. Mary Jeremiah, OP