An Old School Catholic Message Board

First Profession Of Sr. Louise Marie, Micm

Sr Mary Catharine OP

• 2 weeks later...
ForeverLillian

I saw this title & I'm like "Wait! Is that?! It is!"

I was just up there in Massachusetts this past early June. I was staying with the IHM Sisters for a few days, but I did spend time with Sr. Louise Marie during the Ladies Pilgrimage when I was up there, and the last day before I headed off I spent a couple hours at their convent before I headed on my long road trip home with my dad back home.

Sr. Louise Marie is such a kind, funny and full of joy religious. She has one of those laughs that just makes you laugh and smile :) We hit it off the few hours we spent together. She helped me a lot with my discernment with advice the couple chats we had. Some at that moment, some I'm realizing now how true the stuff she said! And I'm still sifting through the confusing process of discernment. I was so naive when I went up there XD Still am. She was always like, "But I'm still a Novice! Remember that!" when she gave me advice. lol I'm very happy for her! :) I can't wait to show these pics to my dad who also met them. She looks radiate with joy :)

Sr. Cecelia is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She very loving, sweet, and highly intelligent. Very devout and holy. She gave me advice too that I realize is so true now. The other elderly sisters I met were all the ones that needed much care, but such loveable old ladies :)

I was mostly with the IHM sisters, but St. Anne's (this convent) is the one that left such an impression on me that they are the ones I'm considering going back to visit someday for my discernment. 

Even if I was there for only a couple hours, I highly recommend them :)

Edited by ForeverLillian

Thanks so much Lillian. It's good to hear from someone who has physically met the Sisters. I very much want to find out more about the community. Maybe, one day, I will visit them too - if God wills it.