An Old School Catholic Message Board

Katy Perry

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I don't know her :) i'm going to google her now, just because i love you buzz.

<edit> i like her video on her website roar, i think that u.s.a should consider voting as in more should vote.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

I dont think I would let my kids listen to much of the main stream music. Depending on their age they may not be able to pick up in the sexual undertones of pretty much every song, but at the same time its a principle thing. I dunno

I dont have kids so my views may change one day.

If I were a parent, i would expect that my kids would know who Katy Perry is...but they wouldn't be actively listening to her. Well, maybe i would let them be selective with her songs---only from the age of 12 or up. I would raise them to have a strong spiritual vision and sense of discernment.

Not The Philosopher

She's probably not good for your IQ or your spiritual life. But good sometimes comes from bad, like that Equestria Girls parody song.

God the Father

Good plan controlling your kids' musical taste, I don't think that's ever failed before at a generational magnitude

Edited by God the Father

With the prevalence of technology, I do not think it is a viable option to try to shield children from mainstream music. It is better to teach them proper values and hope they will not stray into the darkness.

She's probably not good for your IQ or your spiritual life. But good sometimes comes from bad, like that Equestria Girls parody song.

I LOVE Equestria Girls! :D

Miley is worse then Katy ?

I think Miley is younger, and her role model is speaking out.

http://www.ourstage.com/blog/2013/10/3/sinead-oconnors-remarkable-open-letter-to-miley-cyrus

Upon hearing that Miley Cyrus had cited her as an influence, Sinead O’Connor was compelled to reach out to the younger pop star in an open letter. O’Connor, no stranger to controversy, the pitfalls of stardom, or the dark and manipulative side of the music industry, has taken the opportunity to warn Cyrus not to let herself be exploited. O’Connor slams in particular the “Wrecking Ball” video, in which Cyrus appears nude, licking a sledgehammer and riding an actual wrecking ball. We can’t pretend to be impartial here, it is a disturbing and debasing clip. We’ll let O’Connor take it from here (h/t to our friends at Vanyaland):

OPEN LETTER TO MILEY CYRUS

Dear Miley,

I wasn’t going to write this letter, but today i’ve been dodging phone calls from various newspapers who wished me to remark upon your having said in Rolling Stone your Wrecking Ball video was designed to be similar to the one for Nothing Compares… So this is what I need to say… And it is said in the spirit of motherliness and with love....

I think Miley is younger, and her role model is speaking out.

http://www.ourstage.com/blog/2013/10/3/sinead-oconnors-remarkable-open-letter-to-miley-cyrus

Upon hearing that Miley Cyrus had cited her as an influence, Sinead O’Connor was compelled to reach out to the younger pop star in an open letter. O’Connor, no stranger to controversy, the pitfalls of stardom, or the dark and manipulative side of the music industry, has taken the opportunity to warn Cyrus not to let herself be exploited. O’Connor slams in particular the “Wrecking Ball” video, in which Cyrus appears nude, licking a sledgehammer and riding an actual wrecking ball. We can’t pretend to be impartial here, it is a disturbing and debasing clip. We’ll let O’Connor take it from here (h/t to our friends at Vanyaland):

OPEN LETTER TO MILEY CYRUS

Dear Miley,

I wasn’t going to write this letter, but today i’ve been dodging phone calls from various newspapers who wished me to remark upon your having said in Rolling Stone your Wrecking Ball video was designed to be similar to the one for Nothing Compares… So this is what I need to say… And it is said in the spirit of motherliness and with love....

"You are worth more than your body or your sexual appeal." I couldn't agree more with Sinead O’Connor. (Can't believe that i just said that.)