An Old School Catholic Message Board

Katy Perry

"You are worth more than your body or your sexual appeal." I couldn't agree more with Sinead O’Connor. (Can't believe that i just said that.)

Welcome to the twilight zone.

I think Miley is really talented to as far as music goes....I like the song she did with her dad called baby don't go...She needs to chill out now though.....Nude in videos and encouraging the use of the drug molly....Not cool....

Basilisa Marie

Um, no, her parents we not Catholic. They're Pentacostal.  From wikipedia:

Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson was born in Santa Barbara, California,[5] to devout Pentecostal pastors Maurice Keith Hudson and Mary Christine Perry. She is the second of their three children.[6]She has a younger brother named David (whose stage name is Hudson)[7] and an older sister named Angela. Her father is of English descent while her mother is of Irish, Portuguese, English, and German descent.[1] Through her mother, she is a half-niece of director Frank Perry.[8]

As a child, Perry attended Christian schools and camps.[6] She was incorporated into her parents' ministry,[6] singing in the church between the ages of nine and seventeen.[9] She grew up listening to gospel music,[10] and in an interview she said, "Growing up I wasn't really allowed to listen to a whole lot of what my mom would call, secular music,"[9] She learned how to dance in a recreation building in Santa Barbara. She was taught by seasoned dancers and began with swingLindy Hop, and jitterbug.[11] She took her GED during her freshman year at Dos Pueblos High School and decided to leave school in the pursuit of a career in music.[12]

I remember when she was still "Katy Hudson" when she was doing Christian music.  

GeorgiiMichael

Um, no, her parents we not Catholic. They're Pentacostal.  From wikipedia:

I remember when she was still "Katy Hudson" when she was doing Christian music.  

....no one made the assertion that her parents were Catholic...

I think she's tacky. Fireworks or whipped cream exploding from her chest in at least two videos.

That is tacky...I never seen her videos...I just hear her songs on the radio and I like most of them....

Not The Philosopher

Whoa the Poster Formerly Known As Delivery Boy now has my name.

Not that that's surprising. Lot's of Josh's out there. Makes things kinda confusing at work sometimes.