CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 I would be pleased to allow you to help me out - as I said above - by sending me the necessary funds. I honestly would if I could. I believe in helping the poor and weak unfortunately I dont make enough to help everyone but I do the little that I can. Sometimes the best I can do is send prayers and encouragement.
Apotheoun Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 (edited) I honestly would if I could. I believe in helping the poor and weak unfortunately I dont make enough to help everyone but I do the little that I can. Sometimes the best I can do is send prayers and encouragement. To bad the insurance company won't accept your sympathizing with my plight as payment. Edited October 12, 2013 by Apotheoun
CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 Well, it still applies so you are gonna pay it, and even if the Church gets exemptions for itself and its institutions, which I have my doubts about it getting, you would still be personally subject to the HHS mandate. I do not like the HHS mandate, it is unjust and stupid. However I believe that we can all overcome it and fight it! Even if we cant change the law we dont have to follow it. They can throw us in jail if they want!
Apotheoun Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 30 million people are still going to be uninsured, and the working poor will be financially worse off due to the cost of the plans and the tax penalties for those who cannot afford the insurance. Truly sad.
KnightofChrist Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I do not support the HHS mandate. It's part of the same flipping law. But ok why do you support a law that abuses my liberty in its attempt to force me against my will to buy a product I do not want nor can afford?
Apotheoun Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I do not like the HHS mandate, it is unjust and stupid. However I believe that we can all overcome it and fight it! Even if we cant change the law we dont have to follow it. They can throw us in jail if they want! Contraceptives are included in all the plans, so if you buy the insurance you are paying for contraceptives (even if you do not use them). I am a celibate man why should I pay for contraceptives?
CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 To bad the insurance company won't accept your sympathizing with my plight as payment. I just hope you can accept that fact that I have good intentions and I want people to get the help and information they need to make the best decision for themselves. Im not trying to be snide or manipulative with any of my comments.
Apotheoun Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I just hope you can accept that fact that I have good intentions and I want people to get the help and information they need to make the best decision for themselves. Im not trying to be snide or manipulative with any of my comments. I am sure that you are, but you know the old saying about that.
CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 Contraceptives are included in all the plans, so if you buy the insurance you are paying for contraceptives (even if you do not use them). I am a celibate man why should I pay for contraceptives? I dont know haha! I dont think you should have to. Youll have to take that up with someone else.
CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 I am sure that you are, but you know the old saying about that. Uh huh. I dont want to derail the conversation with how stupid that saying "Road to hell is paved with good intentions" shit is. You can PM me if you want to get into that.
KnightofChrist Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I do not like the HHS mandate, it is unjust and stupid. However I believe that we can all overcome it and fight it! Even if we cant change the law we dont have to follow it. They can throw us in jail if they want! I have doubts. I believe something very similar would happen then as now. There would be a shutdown or something similar because the left will not want to give it up and they would play the same games. Cause the crisis, make it hurt, blame the right, and just wait for them to fold like cowards.
CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 I have doubts. I believe something very similar would happen then as now. There would be a shutdown or something similar because the left will not want to give it up and they would play the same games. Cause the crisis, make it hurt, blame the right, and just wait for them to fold like cowards. Sometimes at the end of the day you just have to trust that God will provide. Pray about it and let God lead you to find a way through hard times.
Apotheoun Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I dont know haha! I dont think you should have to. Youll have to take that up with someone else. Who do I take it up with? HHS? They mandated it, and I do not think they care what I think.
CatherineM Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 Someone said this was about access to healthcare. I was never turned down for healthcare when I didn't have insurance. Of course I did get nicer treatment when I had gold card Bar Association insurance.
KnightofChrist Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 (edited) Sometimes at the end of the day you just have to trust that God will provide. Pray about it and let God lead you to find a way through hard times. I trust God. But I still don't believe there would be much of a difference between now and then. Edited October 12, 2013 by KnightofChrist
CrossCuT Posted October 12, 2013 Author Posted October 12, 2013 (edited) Someone said this was about access to healthcare. I was never turned down for healthcare when I didn't have insurance. Of course I did get nicer treatment when I had gold card Bar Association insurance. No one is ever turned down for care, but you get billed. If you cant pay it then it goes into our taxes and we pay for it. Edited October 12, 2013 by CrossCuT
Nihil Obstat Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 No one is ever turned down for care, but you get billed. If you cant pay it then it goes into our taxes and we pay for it. What do you think a subsidy is?
havok579257 Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 You certainly are free with other people's money. to be fair all tax money is other people's money. Unless you advocate no taxes at all an no government help for those who can not help themselves(children/elderly/handicapped to the point of bed ridden). Unless you do advocate for no help at all from the government, your statement is just rhetoric.
havok579257 Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 30 million people are still going to be uninsured, and the working poor will be financially worse off due to the cost of the plans and the tax penalties for those who cannot afford the insurance. Truly sad. Just wondering do you support single payer system? If not what other idea do you have to cover all these uninsured. It seems to be a pretty big deal for you, so what would be your idea to cover everyone. I don't support obamacare but I am curious if this is just rhetoric or you really support some plan so every single person is insured.
God the Father Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 Unless you advocate no taxes at all an no government help for those who can not help themselves(children/elderly/handicapped to the point of bed ridden). Unless you do advocate for no help at all from the government Sounds good to me
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now