An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Federal News

Anastasia13

It is a horrible idea to judge a TV news network from its website. The Fox News website does use the term "slim down" but the network does not.

Yes, Fox News is biased towards conservatives and its not in vouge right now, but at least they don't have to retract headlines half a dozen times like CNN.

Edited by r2Dtoo

Dude, I don't usually go to Fox News website, I heard "slim down" while I was flipping through the channels and landed on them the other day.

Stop feeding the bear.

I seriously think if everyone completely ignored the news the media would put the pressure on the politicians to actually do something.

I am making an effort to avoid tv, radio and internet about the shutdown.  Some would say this is burrying my head in the sand, but it is actually trying to ensure that I don't feed in to what I feel is the biggest hissy fit in recent history.

I mean, seriously, if this was my friends' 5 children fighting, I'd just walk out of the room.  Any damage they cause is nothing that I can control at this point.

Dude, I don't usually go to Fox News website, I heard "slim down" while I was flipping through the channels and landed on them the other day.

On which show?

You are aware that Colbert is a satire show, not a news show, correct?

Nobody can tell the difference between the two anymore.

Nobody can tell the difference between the two anymore.

Atleast Colbert sets out, and is very clear, about being satire

Atleast Colbert sets out, and is very clear, about being satire

If you say so.  I know several people that watch him and Jon Stewart and don't seem to understand that they're not meant to be real news.

If you say so.  I know several people that watch him and Jon Stewart and don't seem to understand that they're not meant to be real news.

That's not Colbert's and Stewart's fault.  Again, they make it very clear they are not a "real" news source.

Let me put this another way, what show would you watch? Are they mostly federal on both channels? Are there news shows that are more federal vs. other news?