An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink + Ploomf

arfink

That's what we would like, if we can swing the costs and time commitment here, and navigate the hoops while being long-distance. The diocese here places a heavier burden on couples who want to be married than many others do.

What kind of burdens? Do they require you both to be present for marriage prep? Are there no online courses?

Also, how far are you guys from each other? Long distance is pretty rough. A very true test to your bond with each other though. :)

Congratulations!  So many of us engaged recently, it's fun.   :)

Wedding planning is fun? Peyton, can we switch? Rofl! ;)

Haha, I'm with Missy. I'm never ever doing that again. I've never been so relieved for something to be over in my entire life.

I can't believe how many weddings are happening this year though! I can't keep track! It's the year for weddings, I guess. ^_^

Haha, I'm with Missy. I'm never ever doing that again. I've never been so relieved for something to be over in my entire life.

Ohhhhh yes. People keep telling me I'm not excited. Give me my husband and a plate of food and a piece of cake. Then I will be excited. Hahahaha.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Ohhhhh yes. People keep telling me I'm not excited. Give me my husband and a plate of food and a piece of cake. Then I will be excited. Hahahaha.

My parents didn't get to eat any of the food at their wedding... They actually went out afterward and ate.

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

My parents didn't get to eat any of the food at their wedding... They actually went out afterward and ate.

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine! That's way too much money to spend to not eat it!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine! That's way too much money to spend to not eat it!

I know... People were pulling them every which way and they never really got to sit down and eat.

Get someone you TRUST to put a plate of appetizers and main course aside for you. And have some extra bottled water with that person.  SERIOUSLY.  

Because otherwise you CAN get stuck without the food.  

We did get to taste our meal -- because we had a 'sample meal' a few weeks earlier.  It was lovely.  But we didn't get much of it that day!!!

Mr AL and I had the  BEST stuffed mushrooms as appetizers... we know because we got one bite each... and then we were pulled away to go say goodbye to my Godmother & Godfather who had to leave early... and when we got back... they were GONE!  We have been hunting for elusive wonderful stuffed mushrooms ever since!!!!!

Marie-Therese

Wedding planning is fun? Peyton, can we switch? Rofl! ;)

Well, not the planning as much as the expectation, but even the planning can be enjoyable most of the time.  It's a lot of hassle, and it's so much to think about, but at the end of it all I know the irritations are going to end with me standing hand in hand with the best man I've ever met, pledging to share life together, and having the wedding of my dreams to boot.  My planning has been pretty much blessed--I've had little to no difficulty getting exactly what I wanted.  Venues booked already, music booked already, gown and veil/headpiece already purchased, working on selecting catering and cake...I had a very specific vision and each piece of it has come together amazingly.  It also helps having the most supportive and easy-going fiance ever.   ;)  My only problem with the whole issue is that I have to wait 13 months to marry him, because regardless of the wedding, having him as my husband is all that matters.

I think food duty will be part of my Maid of Honor duties at my sisters wedding! I saw at my cousin's wedding how easy it is for the couple to get caught up in all the stuff and talking to people and not eat. (Fortunately the groom's brothers packed up some cake and other food and put it in the car for the happy couple.)

Long distance wedding planning can be hard. We found this out with my sister's wedding. And it will be even more fun in the time right before the wedding because my sister and her fiance are in one state, my mom is 8 hours away from my sister and I will be 12-20 hours away from my sister starting in Jan (the wedding is in March). Stuff like dress shopping and fitting is hard. So lots of photos, phone calls, emails and multiple trips. I think we are going to make another trip in December to help with final details like invites and such.

PhuturePriest

I'll organize your wedding for $55,000. Cash.

I'll assist Hasan if you pay a whole year of college for me. Both of our prices are worth it, as we have excellent taste.

Well, not the planning as much as the expectation, but even the planning can be enjoyable most of the time. It's a lot of hassle, and it's so much to think about, but at the end of it all I know the irritations are going to end with me standing hand in hand with the best man I've ever met, pledging to share life together, and having the wedding of my dreams to boot. My planning has been pretty much blessed--I've had little to no difficulty getting exactly what I wanted. Venues booked already, music booked already, gown and veil/headpiece already purchased, working on selecting catering and cake...I had a very specific vision and each piece of it has come together amazingly. It also helps having the most supportive and easy-going fiance ever. ;) My only problem with the whole issue is that I have to wait 13 months to marry him, because regardless of the wedding, having him as my husband is all that matters.

I seriously hope I can be there. Because you and JLol are amazing people