An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting...

Lil'Nun

AccountDeleted

I would send a follow-up letter or phone call if I hadn't heard anything in another few days.  Because sometimes technology (and paper) have glitches, messages go astray and letters or phone calls can be lost.  You never know.

You don't have to be pushy, just indicate that you had written/emailed/called (whatever) and had not heard back, so just want to be sure they know that you are trying to reach them.   And offer to pray for them.

And... you can include a small donation in the form of a check if you feel comfortable with that.... the cashed check is a pretty good indication that someone has received a letter!

Great idea bout the check, AL! I would never have thought about the fact that if they bank it - it clears and you KNOW! LOL :)

Sister Rose Therese

Thank you all for your prayers. I truly needed them. I last emailed the VD two weeks ago, I have not heard anything, I thought I would wait a month before emailing again. I don't want to seem pushy but I don't want to seem uninterested. I know she must be very busy but I just want to be sure my emailing hasn't ended up lurking in her spam folder! Do you think a month would be too long to wait, or about right?

Thanks!

As a Vocation Director myself I'd say just send her another short email to ask if she received the one you sent previously.  Sometimes messages just get buried.  If it makes you feel less pushy, tell her another vocation director recommended you email again.

Something else is if you have a bit of news to share or something about the community (ie new pictures or the local weather). I know that always makes me feel a bit less awkward and it also helps them to get to know you a little bit more.

Thanks for your advice. I will send a gentle, short email in a day or two. Unfortunately, I can't really comment on new photos etc. as they don't update their website very often. I am guessing that no news is probably not good news although I do know that other VS ers have also had delays when communicating with this community. I'll send the email but I know it is in His hands. :)

VeniJesuAmorMi

Thanks for your advice. I will send a gentle, short email in a day or two. Unfortunately, I can't really comment on new photos etc. as they don't update their website very often. I am guessing that no news is probably not good news although I do know that other VS ers have also had delays when communicating with this community. I'll send the email but I know it is in His hands. :)

Continued prayers for you. Just a thought I had: I was wondering, as you said previously that you emailed them, and that if they don't update their website often, then maybe they don't check their email very often either? Of course they are probably very busy with their apostolate and then the community prayer times. Not knowing this community, it's just an observation I had from what I could gather. On average, its been almost always 3 weeks until I got a letter back from communities I've contacted. Hopefully you will find out soon enough; all in His time and I pray that you won't become discouraged. :)