urbaneremite Posted October 31, 2013 Posted October 31, 2013 I am ISTJ and that is Snape. I always did like Snape. I guess now I know why.
r2Dtoo Posted October 31, 2013 Posted October 31, 2013 I've never taken the Myers-Briggs, but just judging from those descriptions I'm guessing I would come up somewhere in between ISTP and ENFP.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2013 Author Posted November 1, 2013 See, I was also conflicted over whether or not he's extroverted, but the thing that nails introvert to me is that when he's physically or emotionally exhausted, he doesn't want to go to the big party in his Common Room, he wants to go be by himself or be with Ron and Hermione, his closest friends. That's totally an introverted thing. Being introverted or extroverted is about what gives you energy or drains it. You can be the biggest social butterfly in your friend group, but if when you're feeling drained you go off by yourself or with a couple close friends, that means you're introverted. Same thing with extroversion, you might spend a lot of time doing solitary research for a job, but at the end of the day you need to go out on the town with friends to feel energized. And Harry doesn't have a whole lot of good friends, just a couple of super close ones. Classic introvert. Does he talk out his problems, or turn them over in his head a bunch before speaking to someone about them? He thinks about them first - especially in books 4 and 5. He gets so wrapped up in his own head during book 5 that he gets tricked by Voldemort and bad things happen. If he had just talked to someone, Sirius, Dumbledore, whomever, early on, it could have been avoided. But then I also believe Harry's got some PTSD going on in book 5, so that could be influencing things there too. See, that's what I think they did - they just looked at the stereotype of what it means to be each type and shoehorned characters into it. Which, actually, isn't that bad of an idea - after you take a quiz you're supposed to read the type and see if it actually does apply to you, because more often than not there will be answering biases in the test. But you won't always line up with the stereotype of your type. Like, ISFPs are supposed to be crazy hippie artists, doing creative stuff and following their own path. I'm not a crazy hippie artist, but I do like to play music and do creative writing, and being Catholic is how I express my counter-cultural tendencies. So that's why it's important to also look at the thing called Cognitive Functions, which is basically the way you deal with F, T, N, and S (each is introverted or extroverted, and ranked most naturally used to least naturally used). And it's ALSO important to note that only you can determine what your type is, so any "analysis" of someone else or fictional character is up for discussion. Which is why I think arguing about which type a character is can be fun, because you look for clues in the text. Yeah, what you say makes complete sense. I'm pretty much the exact opposite. If I have a major problem, I need to talk it out in length with all of my friends. Keeping it to myself is simply not in my nature. :P Yeah. I'm an ESFP, which are a super talkative group, but I'm only super talkative around my friends. At home I'm always really quiet. I think this is because I've always felt like I can't be myself when I'm with my family, so that may have something to do with it, but whenever I'm with my friends, my mouth opens and it never closes except for when I need to inhale some air. :P
truthfinder Posted November 1, 2013 Posted November 1, 2013 (edited) Apparently, I'm Malfoy. But I've taken this test online before, and then I'd be Lupin. Edited November 1, 2013 by truthfinder
CatherineM Posted November 1, 2013 Posted November 1, 2013 The Wesley twins are coming here for the opening of the Harry Potter thing at our science museum.
thepiaheart Posted November 1, 2013 Posted November 1, 2013 INFJ every time I've ever taken it. Find it pretty hilarious, but all of the personality profile descriptions of INFJs out there fit me to a T, sometimes scarily so.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2013 Author Posted November 1, 2013 The Wesley twins are coming here for the opening of the Harry Potter thing at our science museum. Oh my goodness!!!!!! Could you get me an autograph?
Seven77 Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 How come almost everyone who hit up this thread has taken the Myers-Briggs test? Where did you all take it?
PhuturePriest Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 How come almost everyone who hit up this thread has taken the Myers-Briggs test? Where did you all take it? The Myers-Briggs test is one of the most famous and trusted personality quizzes in the world. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
PhuturePriest Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 Psychiatrist gave me the test in college. People actually use it to help them find a career. This can be very helpful, but I think sometimes people put too much faith into it and follow the advice of their typical personality trait and not what they actually wanted to do.
ToJesusMyHeart Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 I would just like to point out to my fellow INFPs: Famous INFPs: HomerVirgilMary, mother of JesusSt. John, the beloved discipleSt. Luke; physician, disciple, authorWilliam Shakespeare, bard of Avon
PhuturePriest Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 Famous ESFPs: Paul McCartney Bill Clinton (We don't like to talk about him) Elvis Presley Ronald Reagan Saint Mark
r2Dtoo Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 Well, I guess that chart doesn't know what it's talking about, since I got INTJ. Famous INTJs: Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, a businessman, engineer, and author Marie Curie, a physicist and chemist famous for her pioneering research on radioactivity Guy Kawasaki, a venture capitalist, bestselling author, and Apple Fellow Igor Sikorsky, a pioneer of aviation Hillary Clinton If I'm going to get a Clinton, at least I get the smart one.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 Neville. I took a test that I would have to pay money for but it's free right now if I find the sight again in my travels it's your. http://16mbti.blogspot.com/2013/07/superhero-mbti_8.html This expplains what this all means a little more. NFs ae Idealists NTs are Conceptyual people SJs like me and Superman are Traditionalists. SPs are experiencers. You know people who learn things kinetically. With there hands and stuff. There is a gajillion of these things online. One I was the punisher blah blah blah.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now