An Old School Catholic Message Board

German Actress Becomes Nun

Teresita

AveVerum... I hate to ask, but does anyone know the status of that community?   I ask because from my limited Italian (and the badly mangled English translation) indicate that Sister is very much in love with her vocation, her Spouse, the Eucharist, and the value of the traditional Latin liturgy, she is NOT saying anything at all about being connected to Rome or the Holy Father. 

It always makes me a little nervous when I see the one without the other....

Does anyone know or understand the Italian better,  or have the ability to read German -- there a website address shown at the end of the video....  I'd link to it, but we are not supposed to link to anything that is not in Communion with Rome... and I just can't be sure.

BUT very good sleuthing... I think you did find her!

That's what I was afraid of.  Just be careful, because sometimes communities are NOT what they seem.  I don't know anything about this sister, she seems very sincere... but just be careful.

AveVerum... I hate to ask, but does anyone know the status of that community?   I ask because from my limited Italian (and the badly mangled English translation) indicate that Sister is very much in love with her vocation, her Spouse, the Eucharist, and the value of the traditional Latin liturgy, she is NOT saying anything at all about being connected to Rome or the Holy Father. 

It always makes me a little nervous when I see the one without the other....

Does anyone know or understand the Italian better,  or have the ability to read German -- there a website address shown at the end of the video....  I'd link to it, but we are not supposed to link to anything that is not in Communion with Rome... and I just can't be sure.

BUT very good sleuthing... I think you did find her!

I have been onto the website, and between my poor German and the efforts of Google translate, I think I can be fairly confident in saying that her community is not in union with Rome.

Being german and understanding italian I felt compelled to go through the linked stuff. Puh.

One thing is sure: The german actress Katja Giammona has turned her back on the catholic church. Once happy to enter, she now considers the roman catholic church as false religion and pope Francis is in her eyes an antipope. Even SSPX wasn't traditional enough for her. Only in finding to priests who were thrown out of SSPX she thinks that she found truth.

That's her story - from Jehova's witnesses over atheism to catholic to traditionalistic sect.

Really sad.

Thank you for doing that, LittlePaula.   It's hard to sort through things like that, but you have done a great service for us.

We need to pray for her, and for all others who have lost their way in this way.  As I indicated in my initial concerns, I appreciate her sincerity, but I had some serious concerns about what she was discussing... and you have confirmed my fears, sadly....

Apparently the superior of SSPX made some public statements in 2012 that were too liberal for those priests.

This is what one of them publicated and what probably is the reason why he got thrown out.

Sorry if I don't translate it. The main point is that SSPX seemed to make some steps towards a reconciliation with Rome and that was inacceptable for those hyper-traditional priests.

That's her story - from Jehova's witnesses over atheism to catholic to traditionalistic sect.

Really sad.

I don't know if there have been studies done, but I've known more than a few people who were raised in cults/sects, later left, but still ended up with a different kind of sect later in life.   You'd think it would put them off, but I think what happens is that they are comfortable and the apocalyptic paranoia is familiar to them. 

I don't know if there have been studies done, but I've known more than a few people who were raised in cults/sects, later left, but still ended up with a different kind of sect later in life. You'd think it would put them off, but I think what happens is that they are comfortable and the apocalyptic paranoia is familiar to them.

There is definitely a personality which is attracted to, and vulnerable to, cults. It is almost an addiction. If they don't get satisfaction from one religion/ideology, they will search for another one, usually progressing from (relatively) liberal to more extreme, which demands increasing submission and loss of personal control. It is related to feelings of inadequacy and a desire to return to a "safe" infantile state where a parent-surrogate removes any need to take responsibilty for one's own actions.