An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Not Easy Is It?

Anselm

How much time do you have before you enter?  My guess is you have plenty of time to check out both places and pray about it.  Also, I would make sure I was talking to my SD, vocations directors, and others that knew me well.

There's no date set yet, so lots of time and yes, I'm talking to lots of people about it.

You teach, yes?  So it would be better to leave at the end of a school year, right?  That's the schedule I'd be working around. 

so ~9 months to figure it out?  That's loads of time.  Cast a wide net getting information.  Study the discerning hearts podcasts and books to help with prayer.  Then do what feels right.  In the meantime, as long as you are doing these things, don't worry about it.

I think your last sentence there is very apposite! The two nearest Catholic churches to me are both monasteries (very unusually for the UK) so I am often in a monastic church. In addition to that I say Lauds and Vespers (Compline when I can) and do a lot of reading recommended by the Novice Master of the community that has accepted me (currently the Praktikos). It will work out in time!

I have no idea what "apposite" means, but I hope things work out for you!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

It's quicker and easier than ever to look up words you don't know, you know? Online dictionaries provide the added bonus of correct pronunciation actually spoken, not just written in phonetic hieroglyphics - click on the speaker icon next to the syllabicated word.

C'mon y'all,  it was just a little dry humor on my part poking, fun at Anselm for his word selection.   I actually didn't know it's meaning, but I could have right clicked and found out in .02 seconds.

PhuturePriest

C'mon y'all,  it was just a little dry humor on my part poking, fun at Anselm for his word selection.   I actually didn't know it's meaning, but I could have right clicked and found out in .02 seconds.

Some are very serious about Googling everything. I prefer asking due to the human interaction involved, but some take this as me not knowing Google is a thing, not realizing I know Google exists, I just don't rely on it for everything. Go figure.

Anyway, you'll do great, Anselm! You sounded very upbeat and positive when we were talking earlier, and I'm sure you'll love the time you spend at the monastery, whether that time is temporary or for the long-haul!