An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Final Update On Me

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I'm incredibly proud of you. And I remember that back in March, despite the horrific time you were going through, you always offered me (and others) support and love, and that really speaks volumes. Thank YOU, Miles, you taught us all some really important stuff.

I'm a loving and supportive guy. Don't blame me if it makes you feel inferior. ;)

ClemensBruno

I am a week-old newbie on this phorum, so your thoughts above comfort me about participating in here.

I am glad to know that you endured through a dark time in your life. I hesitate to tell you this, especially since I have no idea what troubled you, but your dark period just passed is only the first of many trials and tribulations that will inevitably block your path through life. Expect and prepare yourself for dark times in the future. Always remember to trust in our Lord that the darkness will pass as time marches on.

Life knocks all of us down. What matters is, with God's Grace, that you must find a way to get back up.

--Your brother in Christ

I live with two male survivors. Just remember that recovery isn't a destination you arrive at, it's a journey. The minute you think you are finally over it, it can jump up and bite you in the arse. It's common especially when you have a child, to have a relapse when that child reaches the age you were.

PhuturePriest

Jeez, people. I wasn't expecting this many props! :P

I live with two male survivors. Just remember that recovery isn't a destination you arrive at, it's a journey. The minute you think you are finally over it, it can jump up and bite you in the arse. It's common especially when you have a child, to have a relapse when that child reaches the age you were.

I know. But I've learned how not to let it take over and to deal with it healthily, rather than basking in it.

I remember when you were going through your problem.  I was a lurker back then, not even registered, but I was amazed at the support and about how articulate you were.    I said a few prayers for you too.  You sound so good in this post; I am glad you are coming through to the other side (the light one).  :)

PhuturePriest

I remember when you were going through your problem.  I was a lurker back then, not even registered, but I was amazed at the support and about how articulate you were.    I said a few prayers for you too.  You sound so good in this post; I am glad you are coming through to the other side (the light one).   :)

What can I say, I'm an articulate man. ;)

The life you live is so very special because it is seasoned with grace from God, kind words from your heart, and a true love for others. May you stay the same in God's care and service Miles

Jeez, people. I wasn't expecting this many props! :P

It's the system. See, if someone says final, we have to prop, that way, they realize how important they are, so they can't just leave. It isn't always behind a prop, but it worked here. See, you are still here. Not so final about your, only about the situation. Keep on keeping on(line).

PhuturePriest

It's the system. See, if someone says final, we have to prop, that way, they realize how important they are, so they can't just leave. It isn't always behind a prop, but it worked here. See, you are still here. Not so final about your, only about the situation. Keep on keeping on(line).

I never said I was leaving. Just that this was the final update on this particular subject. ;)

Thought of you when I went to St. Bruno's Church today..... and prayed that this may INDEED be the final word on this subject.

But not the final word from you!    :buddies:

(I may live to regret the 2nd paragraph.... but still pray for you for the 1st!) :pray:

Edited by AnneLine

I never said I was leaving. Just that this was the final update on this particular subject. ;)

And ye never will say that. It's like Hotel California. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!

PhuturePriest

And ye never will say that. It's like Hotel California. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

i<3franciscans

I know its late, but I just stumbled a crossed this thread and I just wanted to say that I'm really happy for you Miles :)