An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Correct A Friend Who Is Doing Something Wrong At Mass?

Pliny

I also hate it when the toilet paper is put on the wrong way:

Toilet_paper_orientation_under.jpg

Hun, I hate to burst your bubble but that IS the right way :P

I also hate it when the toilet paper is put on the wrong way:

Just looking at that makes me want to climb the walls.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I have been thinking sometimes about checking whether people bow at the specified time in the creed and whether they beat the chest at the specified time in the confietor. And after this thread i decided i would have a quick bow instead of a full bow and a squiz around the parish i was attending and a squiz also to see if there beating there chest. I couldn't see any that did these two things unless i missed it or they all did a quick bow at exactly the same time. This saddens me, bot these forms of worship have been made an official part of the new mass of the holy spirit in australia, and yes everyone has been told and/or read the pamphlets and even our diocese made laminated things for each parish for the parishioners to follow the new mass and learn all the changes by heart. :( are they in rebellion i know not, but it is kinda sad, that they all missed the changes or have said to themselves something like it's not so important at least i'm at mass, these changes are official and direct in full effect from the magesterium of the holy roman catholic church. If you wan't to be a soccer player your going to have to learn how to kick the ball, and you have to listen to the referees decisions, it's part of the game. Seriously guys.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus is LORD.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Here's the correct man way to place the roll.

300dst2.jpg

Hate to admit it.  99% of the time the bathroom tissue is on the towel rack in said position.  Why?  Because the person who designed the bathroom put the roll holder on an awkward spot that I can't easily get to.

So yes ... that *is* the right position.  In my house!

Here's the correct man way to place the roll.

300dst2.jpg

Hate to admit it.  99% of the time the bathroom tissue is on the towel rack in said position.  Why?  Because the person who designed the bathroom put the roll holder on an awkward spot that I can't easily get to.

So yes ... that *is* the right position.  In my house!

....as long as it serves it purpose,  I do not care how Cubans hung it. :hehe2:

Edited by reyb

....as long as it serves it purpose,  I do not care how Cubans hung it. :hehe2:

rotfl

Ah hun ... me no is Cubano.  Close though -- my ancestry is from Puerto Rico, so you missed it by a few miles of ocean. :smile2:

Would've definitely given you a prop -- so consider yourself propped!

Does chewing gum during Mass (before Communion) break the fast, and if so, would you correct a friend for doing so?

Pliny, Pliny, Pliny .... we've discussed the other one ad nauseum.  You're welcome to start another thread discussing whether or not chewing certain substances before Mass (and whatever the considerations are .... drink, water, spit, etc.) break the fast.

The 2nd part -- we've discussed it (I think).  We've discussed rules (at least pertaining to kneeling), and the more general issue of whether or not it is correct/prudent to correct a friend.

So -- my suggestion, open a new one.  That will allow readers to get to this new topic at hand without wading through 18 pages.

Does chewing gum during Mass (before Communion) break the fast, and if so, would you correct a friend for doing so?

Is there canon law on this or is it in the GIRM?

Is there canon law on this or is it in the GIRM?

Someone once told me that chewing gum "breaks the fast."

I hope he's wrong because I'm soon going to have way too many things to watch for during Mass.

It could be that if you're kneeling while chewing gum, it's acceptable.