An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Correct A Friend Who Is Doing Something Wrong At Mass?

Pliny

I said I have endured their preachiness (of some, not all).  That's a fact.  I'm not talking behind their backs in any harmful way because those people and I am anonymous.  And yes some of them are paranoid and think that our Bishop had evil intentions.  

I'm just trying to keep this real and put things into perspective.  Theory is one thing, but reality is another.

And the reality is that there really is no excuse for you to talk about other faithful Catholics the way you are in this thread, IMO.

And the reality is that there really is no excuse for you to talk about other faithful Catholics the way you are in this thread, IMO.

Your humble opinion is noted. I however disagree. What I shared is relevant to the discussion and puts things in a fuller context.

Jeepers creepers, are there not enough really awful things going on in the world for us to give our (prayerful) attention than having to get uptight about what other folks do or do not do at Mass - or anyplace else if it comes to that.

Judge not - lest you be judged!

Jeepers creepers, are there not enough really awful things going on in the world for us to give our (prayerful) attention than having to get uptight about what other folks do or do not do at Mass - or anyplace else if it comes to that.

Judge not - lest you be judged!

Of course there are really awful things going on in the world, so what are you doing here wasting your time reading and making an irrelevant post in this thread and judging what you perceive to be "uptightness"?  Go out and do something about it.

this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...

some mods tried to lock it, knowing what it was,

but I stopped them from locking it so it goes on just because...

this is the thread that never ends...

HisChildForever

The fact is that [b]I have done zip in real life about this, and have no plans to take it further.[/b]

Of course there are really awful things going on in the world, so what are you doing here wasting your time reading and making an irrelevant post in this thread and judging what you perceive to be "uptightness"?  [b]Go out and do something about it.[/b]

Pot, meet kettle?

Maybe you should take your own advice at this point lol.

What I really hate is when people are alone in a pew, but they sit right next to the aisle, blocking everyone else from entering.  If you try to get in the pew, rather than slide down, they ever so slightly adjust themselves, as if to acknowledge that you want to go by them while letting you know it won't be easy.

Edited by NotreDame

HisChildForever

What I really hate is when people are alone in a pew, but they sit right next to the aisle, blocking everyone else from entering.  If you try to get in the pew, rather than slide down, they ever so slightly adjust themselves, as if to acknowledge that you want to go by them while letting you know it won't be easy.

I did that tonight. Near the wall though, not center aisle. Although there were only a dozen people there and crazy snow, so I assumed no one would care. Then there was an influx of people. I'll either move down or get up and move out (which I did tonight) so the person can enter. At least tonight I had a bulky coat and whatnot with me, would've been clumsy to pull it all down the pew with me as I'm juggling the missal.

Finally some common ground.

But on the other hand, I hate when I do score the treasured aisle seat without having blocked anyone, then someone comes late and pushes me in.

this is why my family and i usually sit in the front pews where no one else likes to sit, because I pretty much have to be on the end of a pew. :unsure:

What I really hate is when people are alone in a pew, but they sit right next to the aisle, blocking everyone else from entering. If you try to get in the pew, rather than slide down, they ever so slightly adjust themselves, as if to acknowledge that you want to go by them while letting you know it won't be easy.

My 5 ft self has a hard time sitting anywhere other than the end. Especially when I get the 6 ft quarterback in front of me. So I admit I am an offender who sits at the end of a pew, but I do move out the way to let others through.

this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...
some mods tried to lock it, knowing what it was,
but I stopped them from locking it so it goes on just because...
this is the thread that never ends...

I love the poem Al ... thank you!

I hate when people complain about stupid things ;) Since we're on the topic of pet peeves.

I also hate people that drive slow in the car pool lane.