Ed Normile Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 SC is a marine in afghanistan, so he is at least tangentially involved in killing poor brown people. So following this line of thought I assume all NATO forces deployed in Afghanistan are "tangenitally" involved in killing poor brown people too ? I wonder as there are quite a few countries that have troops deployed there, and probably a few brown people deployed there too. The actual poor brown people are getting aid, where the terrorists are the ones being fought against, the same ones who also kill poor brown people while stealing the very food and medical supplies delivered for the poor, and in many cases forcing their children to fight. ed
Nihil Obstat Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 I believe I'm doing my job nothing more nothing less. Politics goes out on the window in a two way gunfight. Thanks for the candor. So I was limiting myself to short replies here because I was at work. This is what has been on my mind. I do not really care about politics. These days I would rather just leave politics out of everything. What I care about is morality. What do you think of the overall morality of what you do? Would it be fair, or unfair to say that you do not really care about the morality of your job? Would you disobey a direct order to do something that you thought was immoral? Are you ever ordered to do things you think are immoral? Or anyone you know? What about 'the job' as a whole, in a wider context? Do you think that the whole situation you find yourself in is a moral one, or immoral, or does it not matter to you one way or the other? Did you sign up considering it to be a moral undertaking? Is there some line in the sand, some point at which you would feel compelled to object in some way? These are honest questions. I am not interested in flamebait for the sake of making a point. I would like to know what you think about this stuff.
4588686 Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 SC is a marine in afghanistan, so he is at least tangentially involved in killing poor brown people. I'm not ashamed for getting personal with someone who got personal with me first. Of course this wouldn't happen in public, because he wouldn't be so uncouth as to call me racist in public. The other positions you attribute to me are not opinions I hold. I've been tangentially involved with your mom.
NotreDame Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 I've been tangentially involved with your mom. But you would say anything to associate yourself with my gene pool.
Semper Catholic Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 So I was limiting myself to short replies here because I was at work. This is what has been on my mind. I do not really care about politics. These days I would rather just leave politics out of everything. What I care about is morality. What do you think of the overall morality of what you do? Would it be fair, or unfair to say that you do not really care about the morality of your job? Would you disobey a direct order to do something that you thought was immoral? Are you ever ordered to do things you think are immoral? Or anyone you know? What about 'the job' as a whole, in a wider context? Do you think that the whole situation you find yourself in is a moral one, or immoral, or does it not matter to you one way or the other? Did you sign up considering it to be a moral undertaking? Is there some line in the sand, some point at which you would feel compelled to object in some way? These are honest questions. I am not interested in flamebait for the sake of making a point. I would like to know what you think about this stuff. I am not a "holy warrior" as some of our more religious military are referred to as. I joined to challenge myself and do something that I thought was meaningful. Now my job is more about taking care of those same kids who were once like me. If people join for the wrong reasons it generally does not go well for them. The job (combat arms) is much to stressful and daunting if your heart is not in it. As far as morality goes military laws and regulations make 99% of the decisions for you. There's no hidden agenda. The wars might be fruitless mostly due to the political/social/economic way of life over there but we never did anything where my morality was questioned.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now