An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

Hi Carla, just thinking of you as your entrance date grows closer! I know you're busy but wanted to say you are in my prayers!! 

Hi Carla, just thinking of you as your entrance date grows closer! I know you're busy but wanted to say you are in my prayers!! 

​Thank you from my heart for your kind words and your prayers. I apologize for my late replay but i not using internet very much now.

Yes Makarioi it is little more then month before my entrance.I will visit sisters one more time do arrange last details about entrance.

To thank myself for God's grace i'm not entering alone.This years sisters have 2 postulants me and one more girl.Thank you all for yours prayers and support God bless you all!

Poor Friars

Peace and Good Carla,
You may be interested in visiting our community of sisters in Cremona, Northern Italy...
not too far from you! (they speak Italian there)

In Italy we are also in Sicily and Sardinia
In America we are in Louisiana.

Best wishes of Holiness,
Fr. Friar Antonio
of the Little Friars and Sisters of Jesus and Mary
friarantonio@gmail.com

www.poorfriars.net
Vocational director, and chaplain to the Diocesan Office of Evangelization
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux, Louisiana USA

Sisters in Cremona.jpg

Edited by Poor Friars

Poor Friars

Oh, sorry... I only saw the first messages to your post, and after posting this message found my self at the tail end and reading just how developed your journey has come since the first posts. Please forgive us again for the lack of attention, and remember that you are in our prayers. May the good Lord continue to bless your path.

Oh, sorry... I only saw the first messages to your post, and after posting this message found my self at the tail end and reading just how developed your journey has come since the first posts. Please forgive us again for the lack of attention, and remember that you are in our prayers. May the good Lord continue to bless your path.

​Thank you for you kind words and you have no need to apologize.You are in beautiful community and i wish you all the best and i will pray for all of you and for new vocations at your community.God already help me to pick my community and i'm entering in the formation in 3 weeks.

Edited by Carla

Time has sure flown by! I can't imagine the excitement

​Yes my dear friends it is great excitement in this future days.I have take care nearly all technical stuff and also i have visited sisters one more time to arrange all the details about the entrance.Now with great piece in my heart and big excitement waiting this Sunday to enter in the new chapter of my life.Now i will spend every moment i have with my family before my entrance.

Spem in alium

​Yes my dear friends it is great excitement in this future days.I have take care nearly all technical stuff and also i have visited sisters one more time to arrange all the details about the entrance.Now with great piece in my heart and big excitement waiting this Sunday to enter in the new chapter of my life.Now i will spend every moment i have with my family before my entrance.

​God bless you, Carla! I'll be praying for you, your family, and your Sisters. :) 

Swami Mommy

How wonderful for you, Carla!  May your heart overflow with joy, peace and gratitude as you cross the threshold to your new life.

Before you leave us, could you please re-post the website for your monastery? Perhaps we can see when you are clothed and professed. Like others, I will be praying for you. Blessings and much joy.

:o)Katherine:o)

Congratulations Carla! Your vocation story is so beautiful! Thank you for allowing so many to witness your journey unfold that has lead you to this point. I only recently joined phatmass and have been reading pieces of your story since I joined and finally made it to the end of this thread. As your days of entrance draw closer I know that there is excitement building! You are in my prayers as you begin this next step of your journey as you continue to discern with this community with the possibility of vows in the future. God Bless! :)

Before you leave us, could you please re-post the website for your monastery? Perhaps we can see when you are clothed and professed. Like others, I will be praying for you. Blessings and much joy.

​First of all i want to thank you from my heart for all the support and all the messages you send me.Thank really mean a lot.

This is the link of the monastery page

http://breznica.karmel.hr/Pocetna.aspx

For now sisters are not posting any pictures and event from the order life but i hope soon that can be changed.

I will be here on the forum till i enter but after that in my postulate i will not have access to internet.If and when i take my vows then it is possibility that i will return here on forum but for now it is long future.My profile will stay active and my older sister will have access to it.She will not post it but if you are interesting to contact me in any way you can send message and she will replay (probably not very fast:)).If i pass my formation i will ask her to post my date of taking vows but for now it is not proper for me even to talk about it because i not even start my formation.

I have arrange all the details of entrance with sisters.In Sunday 21. mass will be served for us and for our families and friends.After that we will put our postulant outfits and short ceremony of entering will be served.Next weekend i will serve a little company for my collage and high school friends.Some of them i have not seen for longer time and i will still like to see them before i enter.

Thank you for all your prayers be sure you are all in my mine prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

It left only 11 days before my entrance.I'm very piece full in my heart but also little bit scared about what is coming.My vocation director and priest and sisters they all assure me that is very normal to be nervous.It help me a lot that i have talk with my sisters.She have similar feels last year when she enter her order.Few days before her entrance she has been so nervous that in one point she wanted to postpone it for some other time.But she pass this time period and now she is happy!Still praying help me a lot.I fell my self then safe and after it confided that my path is right.I have take care most of the stuff i wanted but sure every day i remember just one more think to do.Last weekend i have done little barbecue in our yard for my collage friends.With some of them i'm close and with some who live far from here not so much.Still it is nice to see that more then 20 friends came.It has been amazing afternoon to spend with them and to share our common memories from collage days.It is nice to found out that one of the friends from collage is entering seminary this fall and few more are considering different vocations.Time is passing so quick.Next week i will pack one box with some personal stuff and some books that is all what i'm bringing to monastery.

I'm here on forum for few more days but you all are in my prayers all the time.God bless you all!