An Old School Catholic Message Board

Creation And Science

ithinkjesusiscool

What I don't understand is why you find it so threatening that the materials of the world which God created could have been used to further create the diversity we see.  It honestly sounds like fear of something you don't understand, because you never actually answered my question about what you studied. As far as I know, all you know about evolution is what you learned in high school.

I don't understand why you think I'm threatened by it, I just think it's absurd, but it does boggle my mind how people like you have no qualms about it. Maybe it's following the same old paradigm but replacing priests with scientists and force feeding materialist dogma at an early age until it it almost seems like it's intuitive. 

Fidei Defensor

I don't understand why you think I'm threatened by it, I just think it's absurd, but it does boggle my mind how people like you have no qualms about it. Maybe it's following the same old paradigm but replacing priests with scientists and force feeding materialist dogma at an early age until it it almost seems like it's intuitive. 

It seems you are threatened by it because you won't admit that it is compatible with the faith. I understand your qualms about pure materialism. But God works in mysterious ways and gave us minds to study his creation—what authority do you have to say that the huge body of work behind evolutionary theory is wrong? Just a "funny feeling?"

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Interestingly the problems with neo-darwinism is well known. When I was still in highschool I found an old book in the used books section of Barnes and Noble titled The Metaphysics of Science, by Errol E Harris, a philosopher of science in South Africa. Even though he was not against evolution, he did a good job of outlining many of its problems and sever flaws, and this is obviously well before any "intelligent design" movement or what not. 

Did you miss the "PLEASE PRAY FOR ME BIT?" Get to it than, if your faith is as holy as you presume?

It seems you are threatened by it because you won't admit that it is compatible with the faith. I understand your qualms about pure materialism. But God works in mysterious ways and gave us minds to study his creation—"

Materialism and naturalism are diametrically opposed to Catholic metaphysics. Again, that many Westerners don't even see this basic point is probably a result of good indoctrination. 

what authority do you have to say that the huge body of work behind evolutionary theory is wrong? Just a "funny feeling?

Who gave you the authority to amend the huge body of work behind evolutionary theory and say that God guides it? 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

People like you? Stop classing brother, there is only one tardis, he is unique in everyway, although there may be some similarities with other human beings. This is what seperates us from the animals, we are unique and each one individually crafted from our D.N.A and all D.N.A is different to varying degrees of the human species, but the animals well, do the math?

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Fidei Defensor

Materialism and naturalism are diametrically opposed to Catholic metaphysics. Again, that many Westerners don't even see this basic point is probably a result of good indoctrination. 

Who gave you the authority to amend the huge body of work behind evolutionary theory and say that God guides it? 

Many good Catholic scientists.

Peace be with you. This discussion is no longer fruitful. I shall pray for you. Please pray for me.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I assume in each animal species that the D.N.A is very similar to that species with very few variations per individual. Why is it the opposite with the human being species, why are we all so uniquely different with very few similarities, d.n.a wise. Please explain? Why only us with such a unique code and not an animal or even plant?

Onward christian souls.

God created science. 

God used science to create the world. 

God created science but science cannot create God. 

Science can't even prove or disprove the existence of God. 

God's got science chasing its scientific little tail around in meaningless circles. 

GO GOD!

Fidei Defensor

I leave this thread with this quote:

Pope John Paul II stated in 1996:

“New scientific knowledge has led us to realize that the theory of evolution is no longer a mere hypothesis. It is indeed remarkable that this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favor of this theory” (Message to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences on Evolution, October 23, 1996).

GregorMendel

Regarding Venous Valves: Our cardiovascular system is arranged in a way that always favors and strives to maintain perfusion at all costs. Valves would inhibit arterial blood flow, but they ensure regular venous return. It is a solution to the problem of low post-capillary pressure, not the Bermuda Triangle.

Regarding this thread: I believe that you cant reason someone out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tardis is the only tardis and mortifyII the only mortifyII that is was and ever will be, the only way i can explain this is because we are created in the image and likeness of GOD. TAb also, i am the only tab there was, is and ever will be. Same goes for each one of us, in the human being.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

We are unique each one of us, unlike the animals, though this still does not discredit evolution in the natural world, nor the human to some degree, but i dare say humans are not suddenly one day over time going to all have spots like leopards. Though i do believe humans evolve, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually over time, individually and communaly, and of course natural growth physically as in human movement.

Regarding Venous Valves: Our cardiovascular system is arranged in a way that always favors and strives to maintain perfusion at all costs. Valves would inhibit arterial blood flow, but they ensure regular venous return. It is a solution to the problem of low post-capillary pressure, not the Bermuda Triangle.

Um, yea, that's right but we all know this already. So how many millions of years do you suppose it took before by some astronomical chance we got all the valves solely in the veins and closing the right direction?  :hehe2:

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Have you prayed for tardis yet mortify, asking that gods will be done in his life will be enough plus an our father a hail mary and a glory be. And not for your will to be done in his life. :buddies:   :)