An Old School Catholic Message Board

Corrective Rape

ToJesusMyHeart

Semper Catholic

Because they'd be able to read statistics and call out your stupid statements like I do? Yes, you would be right to fear any daughters of mine.

Because they'd grow up in a household that would rather keep them ignorant then teach them how to protect themselves.

Denying that America doesn't have an enormous problem with sexual assault is on the same level of denying that the moon landing never happened.

Look folks, South Africa has a real issue with rape.  Unlike most of you, I was aware of this issue as I had been following it for many years.  That's why I was actually able to add substantive, related information and data-points. 

If the stories posted and prevalent statistics are true, then it's fair to say South Africa has a very serious rape epidemic.  So serious that I'm offended someone would use this topic as a platform for their usual anti-american POV.  It's equivocation that is disingenuous and disparages the seriousness of the situation.  It belittles the plight of women in the third world.  It's offensive.

The fact that nobody else is offended by his post speaks volumes, but unfortunately it's not unexpected.

PhuturePriest

It's not stupid FP.   Rape is by it's nature violent.  Adding the adjective to it is ok.

Go relax and have a glass of wet water.

Semper Catholic

Because they'd be able to read statistics and call out your stupid statements like I do? Yes, you would be right to fear any daughters of mine.

Because they'd grow up in a household that would rather keep them ignorant then teach them how to protect themselves.

Denying that America doesn't have an enormous problem with sexual assault is on the same level of denying that the moon landing happened.

rotfl

Baha! The things you say have words in them!

PhuturePriest

Denying that America doesn't have an enormous problem with sexual assault is on the same level of denying that the moon landing happened.

You really should stop saying phishy stuff so I can prop your posts.

PhuturePriest

Look folks, South Africa has a real issue with rape.  Unlike most of you, I was aware of this issue as I had been following it for many years.  That's why I was actually able to add substantive, related information and data-points. 

If the stories posted and prevalent statistics are true, then it's fair to say South Africa has a very serious rape epidemic.  So serious that I'm offended someone would use this topic as a platform for their usual anti-american POV.  It's equivocation that is disingenuous and disparages the seriousness of the situation.  It belittles the plight of women in the third world.  It's offensive.

The fact that nobody else is offended by his post speaks volumes, but unfortunately it's not unexpected.

I'm sorry, but you lost me at the bolded part. What on earth are you referring to when you talk about "anti-American" point of views?

Let's not get in a brutal fight over this.  Sometimes adjectives add emphasis.    I believe that all rape is violent.  That's why I'm glad to see it's on a multi-decade decline in the USA.  If some people have issues with that, so be it.  I'm not going to feign righteous indignation ad naseum like so many others here do.

xTrishaxLynnx

By adding the word "violent" to the term, the Department of "Justice" has given themselves permission to exclude things like statutory rape from the rape statistics.

Granted, if you're looking back far enough, that wouldn't have even been a thing, but I still think it's misleading.

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

PhuturePriest

By adding the word "violent" to the term, the Department of "Justice" has given themselves permission to exclude things like statutory rape from the rape statistics.

Granted, if you're looking back far enough, that wouldn't have even been a thing, but I still think it's misleading.

Precisely why it's wrong. Statutory rape is something that happens a lot, and most of it isn't reported.

The DoJ didn't add the word "violent." I added it.  The DoJ does not use the term "Violent Rape".   I used it.  Why?  Probably because the drop in rape mirrored the drop in violent crime.  I don't see an issue with calling rape violent. 

Precisely why it's wrong. Statutory rape is something that happens a lot, and most of it isn't reported.

With such poor reading comprehension, it's dangerous to be so self-righteous. 

xTrishaxLynnx

The DoJ didn't add the word "violent." I added it.  The DoJ does not use the term "Violent Rape".   I used it.  Why?  Probably because the drop in rape mirrored the drop in violent crime.  I don't see an issue with calling rape violent. 

With such poor reading comprehension, it's dangerous to be so self-righteous. 

The Department of Justice actually does use terms like this and weasel words to skew the figures the way they want them to appear, which is why I brought it up. We spent a good deal of my sociology classes talking about exactly that and looking at the figures they've put out for the last several decades.