SilentJoy Posted May 10, 2014 Posted May 10, 2014 I was all set to take up the pop-up camper for the summer because my trailer is bigger and heavier for a long drive...then I realized, "Wait, the trailer is a house and the pop-up is a glorified tent." Many, many props needed to prop-up my anti-pop-up efforts. I'm supposed to leave in a week. I need new tires and some sway bars. It has happened. I was an hour and a half late to a 9am appointment 'cause I was lost and an accident happened in front of me and then I was more lost and the police wanted to know if it was a stolen camper 'cause apparently the permanent plate came off another trailer and there wasn't a plate licensed to my camper (there is now - quick stop and a long wait at the DMV). Then the new adapter and the new brake system and the old camper weren't communicating effectively but the nice man at the dealership figured all that out and didn't charge extra. The tires are really splendid. I had to back up TWICE, I almost died.
brandelynmarie Posted May 10, 2014 Author Posted May 10, 2014 I propped you cuz you lived to post about it :)
Not A Mallard Posted May 10, 2014 Posted May 10, 2014 Well if he'll eat laptop then he'll probably eat cheezburger too.
maximillion Posted May 11, 2014 Posted May 11, 2014 My cat is an ex street cat. He lived outside of KFC and a bunch of other fast food places and loves that sort of stuff. I don't eat it, so he has to wait for my foster son to come and bring it. He adores that sort of red topping (that is supposed to be tomato sauce and is really a bunch of chemicals) that comes on pizza, and sweet chilli. Yes, I kid you not. He'll eat anything if you put sweet chilli sauce on it.
brandelynmarie Posted May 11, 2014 Author Posted May 11, 2014 Omgoodness, my :kitten: used to eat crunchy :paco2: 's from Taco Bell, with Fire Sauce! And McD's cheese :burger: 's...When she got sick, I asked at the pharmacy if by chance they had any :paco2: or cheese :burger: flavored syrup for her medicine. Bubblegum wasn't gonna cut it :hehe: I special-ordered liver-flavored medicine for her...had to keep it in the fridge, no joke...
maximillion Posted May 11, 2014 Posted May 11, 2014 My fella is a big ole softy. You can do anything to him, including all the indignities of the vet, and he sits there and smiles at you, head boops you..... The vet scaled his teeth with him just sitting there, no meds, no sedative, nothing. Vet said first time in 25 years he was able to do that with a cat. When the vet was done and put away the tools, my fella fell over on the table in front of him asking for a tummy rub..............
brandelynmarie Posted May 12, 2014 Author Posted May 12, 2014 Ah! He lives for tummy rubs! All else pales in comparison to the ecstasy of tummy rubs :love:
maximillion Posted May 12, 2014 Posted May 12, 2014 True. He would stand on his head and sing God Save the Queen for a tummy rub. He's one of those cats who falls over in front of you and shows his fluffy tummy rather than rub against your legs. He's a real bruiser with other cats though. Fortunately he is now an indoor cat since I rescued him. He is Fiv and has to be kept in. Now he just growls when he sees another cat through the window!
Not A Mallard Posted May 12, 2014 Posted May 12, 2014 I once had a dream where I was hanging out with a cat, and I had to lock it in a gate under the porch that we were sitting on because it started turning into a werewolf. It was really intense.
SilentJoy Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 My cat likes Hawaiian rolls. Dad calls her "Meow-where" (malware) because, "MEOW-where is it??"
AnneLine Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 My fella is a big ole softy. You can do anything to him, including all the indignities of the vet, and he sits there and smiles at you, head boops you..... The vet scaled his teeth with him just sitting there, no meds, no sedative, nothing. Vet said first time in 25 years he was able to do that with a cat. When the vet was done and put away the tools, my fella fell over on the table in front of him asking for a tummy rub.............. True. He would stand on his head and sing God Save the Queen for a tummy rub. He's one of those cats who falls over in front of you and shows his fluffy tummy rather than rub against your legs. He's a real bruiser with other cats though. Fortunately he is now an indoor cat since I rescued him. He is Fiv and has to be kept in. Now he just growls when he sees another cat through the window! I think your bundle of love is a reincarnated verstion of my beloved Randolph/'Dolfo' He would do the ultimate submission roll as well... (like this, except he was a 25 lb persian.... and no fat anywhere.... just a big boy! , and would eat, well, almost anything (he'd leave the peas in the bowl after a meal of KittyStew that was scarfed up in about 2 mins (neatly cleaned, I might add!) but other than that, he'd go for almost anything. And he was the sweetest cat at the vet..... nothing phased him.... My mother's cat was a bit more picky, but she ended up with some rather, uh, sophisticated tastes. Kathy became very adept at sneaking drinks out of my mother's bourbon and water... never could figure that one out.
SilentJoy Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 Kathy became very adept at sneaking drinks out of my mother's bourbon and water... never could figure that one out. I won't even drink bourbon... :P Once a partial bottle of wine cracked on the floor. I took the cracked bottle out with the garbage, but when I came back in to clean up the mess, the cat was just finishing it...
AnneLine Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 I enjoy bourbon and 7 up... but with water?????? :bleeh:
brandelynmarie Posted May 13, 2014 Author Posted May 13, 2014 Bourbon, neat. Or in my homemade "recipe" which is a boozy family secret :drunk: . We had a dog once that liked beer :cheers:
Spem in alium Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 I'm a Scotch girl, through and through. Single malt, obviously. ;) Though I am partial to a beer too. I'm pretty sure my grandparents' cat was called Whisky because that was its drink of choice.
maximillion Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 We are TT in this household, so I don't know if my furball likes it or not. I don't. The odd glass of wine at Christmas is as far as it goes. Comes of having alcoholic parents I guess. He only just started to like milk. Dirty rainwater or water from the flower vase is his fav!!!!!
brandelynmarie Posted May 13, 2014 Author Posted May 13, 2014 Water from the vase..."Yes, a delicate bouquet followed by a grassy finish...vintage one week? Hmmm, don't mind if I do take a sip...yes...".:kitten:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now