An Old School Catholic Message Board

Morality And Ethics

ithinkjesusiscool

PhuturePriest

In your case everyone is kittens.

Is it bad if I'm more horrified at the theoretical question of 102 kittens burning in a building than 102 college students? In my defense, college students are annoying and think they know everything after taking their first day of classes. :|

Edited by FuturePriest387

Nihil Obstat

Is it bad if I'm more horrified at the theoretical question of 102 kittens burning in a building than 102 college students? In my defense, college students are annoying and think they know everything after taking their first day of classes. :|

More annoying than you?

PhuturePriest

More annoying than you?

About the same, really. Just wait until I take my first day of classes. I'll make a thread for each subject, declaring the infallible word of whatever the heck I was taught that day.

Nihil Obstat

About the same, really. Just wait until I take my first day of classes. I'll make a thread for each subject, declaring the infallible word of whatever the heck I was taught that day.

Rekt. Respeck.

better yet, lets say that there was an American solider who walked off the battle field for numerous reasons, he was then captured by the enemy and held captive for 5 yrs, and then the president decided to swap one low ranking American Solider for 5 high level enemy combatants and on top of that gives the enemy a couple of million of dollars on top  of it. Is that worth setting an American Solider under shady circumstances free.

Nihil Obstat

better yet, lets say that there was an American solider who walked off the battle field for numerous reasons, he was then captured by the enemy and held captive for 5 yrs, and then the president decided to swap one low ranking American Solider for 5 high level enemy combatants and on top of that gives the enemy a couple of million of dollars on top of it. Is that worth setting an American Solider under shady circumstances free.

Kittens are cuter though.

awww, yeah kittens are cute, sometimes they even remain cute after they are full grown.  but woooo feed em wet cat food an forget it, that breath will kill anything.

southern california guy

Ok, but what if you had 100 kittens in one of the burning houses, and 2 ponies in the other?

ithinkjesusiscool

Catholic Moral Theology isn't exactly easy. I hate doing maths in such situations. How would St Thomas argue?

PhuturePriest

Ok, but what if you had 100 kittens in one of the burning houses, and 2 ponies in the other?

Kittens are cuter than ponies, therefore the kittens get first priority.

Winchester

Saving 100 people from a burning building sounds significantly more dangerous than saving two. Winnie, have you ever dragged 100 people out of a housefire?

Several times. It's all about weight distribution.