An Old School Catholic Message Board

Punishment For Abortion

dairygirl4u2c

Punishment for Abortion  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

maximillion

My mum was pregnant with me long before abortion was legal. She impaled my twin sister on a knitting needle she forced into her womb because she had post partum psychosis with her two previous pregnancies and could not face this again.

I survived - somehow. She was prosecuted and imprisoned.

Her imprisonment did nothing to help my dad and my two siblings and probably contributed to the dysfunctionality of my entire family.

Every human being has a story to tell and rash punitive attitudes are not helpful.

dairygirl4u2c

I agree that abortion should be made illegal and that the charge should be murder for anyone who gets one. This however still presents us with the big question of what do we do about all of the murders which have taken place prior to the new law -if one was to be implemented? Do those who received an abortion before the new law now get a "get out of jail" free card? Should they be exempt from sentencing?

I personally believe abortion clinic staff and those responsible for pushing abortion through, should be charged with crimes against humanity. I personally do not see how we can lament events like the Holocaust, and yet still be indifferent towards abortion.

almost none of those things would ever happen. to punish abortion folks before any law was changed, you'd have amend the constitution too, a huge uphill battle, due ex post facto laws that say you can[t retroactively punish like that.

also, people have enough trouble as it is giving much of any significant punishment for abortion, even if we can get them to be against abortion legally to begin with. two more huge uphill battles.

what should probably be considered another uphill battle is the severity you'd like the see, the degree. a huge number of prolife folks are against the death penalty, so you'd have to convince them not to be.

there are at least four major up hill battles. my guess is this will never happen.

curious if this poster is for the death penalty for any murders. if not, i dont see why abortion should be singled out. (especially abortion of a zygote or something, versus a living breathing person)

I agree that abortion should be made illegal and that the charge should be murder for anyone who gets one. This however still presents us with the big question of what do we do about all of the murders which have taken place prior to the new law -if one was to be implemented? Do those who received an abortion before the new law now get a "get out of jail" free card? Should they be exempt from sentencing?

I personally believe abortion clinic staff and those responsible for pushing abortion through, should be charged with crimes against humanity. I personally do not see how we can lament events like the Holocaust, and yet still be indifferent towards abortion.

Nah. In many cases, the woman may have been forced, or frightened. They would need counseling, compassion, etc.

Now, abortion staff...I still don't believe should receive capital punishment, mostly because I am against it.