An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Hobby Lobby Girl

CrossCuT

blazeingstar

Anyone here amazed stupid people will jump to stupid conclusions over a stupid picture posted on a stupid social networking site which acts as the internets restroom wall?

Yep.  Because an American teenager having fun must be exactly the same radicalized as a woman from a 3rd world country who can't vote, drive, show more skin than her face and has been married since the age of 7 to a 45 year old. 

In theory, to be opposite of miss Hobby here, someone could wear a pro-choice shirt, a Starbucks drink and stand in front of Microsoft....

and I'd just wonder what part of Seattle they're from.

HAHAHA!  That's a good one

Just not all three at the same time. Then it becomes racist.

I know.  Stupid puppies, they ruin eveything.

KnightofChrist

FYI: The other woman in the comparison photo is Reem Raiyshi. She was a Hamas terrorist and mother of at least two. Below is a link to what she had to say before blowing herself up and killing four others. The statements made in the video are likely similar to those posted with the original image. But idk, still shows a big difference between the two women being wrongly compared.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3397461.stm

The following are excerpts from the (Raiyshi's) broadcast statement.

By God, my heart is full of many mixed feelings that I cannot control as though a thought is filling my mind, and living in my heart, a pleasant dream is gripping my body, and the beats of my heart say: "God, make me a martyr for your sake."

I have always wished, and went too far in wishing, that my body would be shrapnel that tears the sons of Zion, and I have always wished to knock at the door of heaven with the skulls of the sons of Zion.

By God, if you break my bones and cut off my body, you will not be able to change my faith or change my banner. This is my conviction...

I began to try to do my utmost after the second preparatory grade. I searched on a daily and continuous basis in the hope of finding someone who would guide or help me in anything.

By God, my search continued for years, but I did not feel bored even for one second or retreat in my mind. It was hard for me to find someone who would satisfy my desire; namely, martyrdom. I have always dreamt and wished to carry out a martyrdom-seeking an operation inside Israel, but did not manage.

I have always dreamt of sacrificing myself for the sake of God Almighty. By God, I wished to be the first female who carried out a martyrdom-seeking operation where my body would be scattered in the air.

This was my most wanted wish that I asked God Almighty to fulfil. Through strong persistence and by God's favour, my wish was fulfilled in the manner I wanted.

BBC Monitoring, based in Caversham in southern England, selects and translates information from radio, television, press, news agencies and the Internet from 150 countries in more than 70 languages.

She isnt a teenager. And stop taking things so literally. Its a parallel meant to make you think about some of common characteristics of extremists groups. 

[mod]Profanity. Warning issued. -dUSt[/mod]

blazeingstar

She isnt a teenager. And stop taking things so literally. Its a parallel meant to make you think about some of common characteristics of extremists groups. 

<edited out>

First, don't swear.  That's been reported

The American is NOT an extremist.  And it's NOT a valid parallel, that's what I'm saying.  I find it disgusting that a young American woman is being called an extremist for merely holding a gun and a Bible.

There is nothing extreme about a flag, gun, Hobby Lobby, Chic'fil'a or a Bible.  Put together they are not extreme.  They are indicative of a culture that is post-normative and can be very vocal, but none even get close to extremism.

KnightofChrist

It is nothing more than a petty and small attack on a woman because she loves God, babies, county, guns and Hobby Lobby. The petty attack on her is complete and utter foolishness from people who are angry at her politicaly. Just like comparing Obama to Osama was foolishness.

blazeingstar

It is nothing more than a petty and small attack on a woman because she loves God, babies, county, guns and Hobby Lobby. The petty attack on her is complete and utter foolishness from people who are angry at her politicaly. Just like comparing Obama to Osama was foolishness.

Or Bush to a monkey....But that was embraced as humor, not the disrespectful trash it was.

KnightofChrist

Its ok not to get it. :(

It's not Ok to get it. It may be good for cheap and dirty political points, but not for good reasoning and thinking.

blazeingstar

Its ok not to get it. :(

There's nothing to get.  Thats the thing.  You're all about correlation, causation and evidence.  A photo is not evidence to condemn and compare the two women.  As free people, we should be disgusted that this comparison has been made, no matter our political leanings.

If anything, from this picture we should learn that not everyone gets the freedoms we are afforded.

I once spoke to a woman who worked in a school teaching ESL.  Some of the children wouldn't speak to her and found her frightening.  She's just about the gentelest, kindess, sweetest person ever so I asked why as she told her story.  After much time working with the group and asking, one little boy burst into tears and cried, "Pappa, pappa," and pointed to her crucifix.  The little boy's grandmother explained that her son, his father had been crucified for stealing food and the reminder was too much.

She went out and purchased a miraculous medal to wear, and then purchased some for the family.  She told the story of Jesus that they'd never heard before (they were from Africa).  She apologized for causing them hurt that they related such a tragic and unnecessary death to Jesus.

Now Jesus wasn't at all like an African man in the 1950's.  It would be unfair to say that He was.  The crucifix reminded those who had a tramautic encounter.

So perhaps, if anything, the woman in the photo should be more careful to those who have been attacked or killed by terrorists and shouldn't of posed in a way that could be construde as going into battle.  However, I don't think the pose was anything symbolic like crucifixion is.

Edited by blazeingstar

This is not evidence, this is not fact Blazey. Its just something interesting to think about. Im not claiming anything by posting this.

clam_down_by_sketchinetch-d5t7afk.png

blazeingstar

This is not evidence, this is not fact Blazey. Its just something interesting to think about. Im not claiming anything by posting this.

Well, I'm not really upset, and posting giant pictures is a really poor defence and a straw man.

And sorry, you are claiming something, you're claiming I don't "get it" that this is a good talking point about extremism.  The photo isn't a talking point about extremism, it's a tirade against an everyday conservative woman who did something funny, something that liberals hate.  Talking point about extremism....how about comparing the Aribic photo to call of duty?  How about comparing the photo to one of the occupy wall st protesters who stole food from the homeless?  How about comparing the photo to the president with the phone in one hand, pen in the other, calling troops away from the very people that this woman murdered, and signing laws that take money from the chic'fil'a girl?  Anything would be a better conversation piece.

You seem stuck in the fact that this is some kind of evidence of American extremism.  But all it is is a happy 20 something girl with a flag, gun and Bible who has no intention of ever hurting a fly, nevermind blowing herself to bits.

Edited by blazeingstar

You seem stuck in the fact that this is some kind of evidence of American extremism.  

no

blazeingstar

no

Err ummmm....then how is it "irony" (your first reply)

And less than 20 minutes ago you wrote

Posted Today, 06:17 PM

. Its a parallel meant to make you think about some of common characteristics of extremists groups.

If you're going to have a point, please just try remember what you just wrote a whole 58 minutes ago.