An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Hobby Lobby Girl

CrossCuT

I know what Ive said. I cant help it that youve come to the wrong conclusion 

blazeingstar

I know what Ive said. I cant help it that youve come to the wrong conclusion 

Believe it or not, I do get what you're saying.  You are treating this as some sort of case study/talking point for radicalization and extremism by paralleling these two women.

What I'm saying is that thesis/talking point/parallel is invalid and a dangerous attitude towards vilifying a segment of the American culture you may not agree with.

So basically, I'm saying, you're wrong.  These pictures show nothing besides tendency towards the internet to be mean-spirited towards someone who acts differently than them and to imply all sorts of terrible things about that person, dehumanizing them.

Edited by blazeingstar

My arabic sux and my mom's vision is poor. Together we were able to gather that it's about a woman being raped in a bullet-proof cop car. I don't think that's accurate. 

lol that's kinda what I got with the help of google translate.

It's likely referring to something else.

. . 

And sorry, you are claiming something, you're claiming I don't "get it" that this is a good talking point about extremism.  . . .

"Extremism" is a really stupid word.  Often, it's used to simply mean any disagreement with acceptable liberal/progressive opinion, and discredit opposing views by lumping together those with un-pc views with murderous crazies.

A member of a mass-murdering terrorist organization, a peaceful person who's strongly pro-life or supportive of 2nd amendment rights, and a devout Catholic who actually believes Church teachings on sexual morality are "extremists" all, and all eeevvvilllll.

It's a way to replace rational argument with mindless labels.

Perhaps we should restrict the word to only refer to people into extreme sports and such.

So why are we supposed to care about this silly picture anyway, much less spend three pages arguing about it?

This is as dumb as the "Republican Jesus" thread.