An Old School Catholic Message Board

Various Customs

Hemma

Loving a sister I dislike, agreeing to work with her in close quarters day in and day out, denying what my own heart has told me is God's will, waiting in patience to hear where I will be sent... these are the meat for me of obedience.  These are the obediences that shape my life - that stretch me, call me, give me passion, give me love, and free me.  

That's very true. Isn't there enough space to go the extra mile in our ordinary life?

And I see lots of opportunity to waste spiritual energy in that underwear thing: there will always be sisters who constantly pick the best pieces out and others will have to cope with the rest. There will be a size which is used by only two sisters who are going to hate each other because the one is very careful and delicate and the other doesn't care at all. The delicate one will start to pay the other sister back during recreation and so on.

We are fallen creatures and we have to struggle anyway. Do we need to set up such additional problem areas? Aren't there already enough difficulties in community life?

Credo in Deum

I have gone over this thread and have come to the decision to close it.  

As someone with much wisdom has mentioned:  Hygiene practices/questions should be handled privately and not in a public forum. Besides -- if a candidate participates and gets a religious community upset they can really mess up their chances of entering.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.