An Old School Catholic Message Board

Welcome Purged.

dUSt

Option 3: Come up with creatively brilliant ideas that allow disruptive members to continue posting on phatmass without outright banning them.

you've still not answered how people can get out of purge-atory. 

I'll stick around to see if this corrects itself like phatmass hysterias of the past, but if it continues I'll be following Max too, at least for a little while.  If I wanted to be a member of a bland, broadly targeted, massive board where people have to walk on eggshells with a veneer of nicety to avoid offending the sensibilities of the lowest common denominator, I'd be a member of Catholic Answers Forum.  I've enjoyed phatmass's niche brand of jocularity and orthodoxy over the years, it's helped me to feel comfortable with the Catholic Faith because I never felt the need to put on a false face to associate with other faithful Catholics the way I feel one has to do in many religious social circles.  Every once in a while we have these little moral panics where 'something must be done' because someone's offended on the internet and phatmass decides to associate that with us not spreading the faith well when it reality it has to do with the particular niche that we've always reached through phatmass and how some people generally aren't going to "get it"... we'll see if this one blows over or not.  In the mean time, Red, you're not forgotten.

also, so long as we're purging people like Red, I think the Winchester Line should be removed from the rules, you know, false advertising and all.

Good talk. I changed my mind.

franciscanheart

Good talk. I changed my mind.

:huh: To banning them? How does that fall in line with what Aloysius wrote?

As always, nice job, Al. You're always very well written. :)

Isidore_of_Seville

[mod]sorry, I know that's a funny common meme, but we don't allow that language here -Aloysius[/mod]

Anastasia13

I was a disruptive jerk. 

I didn't nominate anyone for purging-hadn't really prayed about it yet. I'm sure you have a good heart, but sometimes it doesn't always shine through your posts. Sometimes I think I am a little mean with being sarcastic, so I try to tone back on that every now and then, and just be fun and light and show people that I care about them, that way, if I do say something that sounds mean, they still know I love them. People communicate a little differently, but maybe if there is a way to give people more hug with words, then they would just be like, "aww, I like Red." I'm just thinking out loud here. Don't really know. Let's just all have a great big group hug.

Yes folks, that was GROUP HUG!!!

Edited by Light and Truth

brandelynmarie

So this is Purgatory? I thought it would be a bit darker & hotter...Eh, I'll hang out wherever :)

ya missed it brandelynmarie .... ya missed it!  It was its separate board.  Right underneath lame board.

Edited by cmaD2006