An Old School Catholic Message Board

No Vs Moderator.

dUSt

Why does VS need moderators, anyway?

<------

Ooooh, snap. Answered my own question.

Yeah - you're new here. BTH, welcome.

Got canned along with all the others......................

Then perhaps it's time for me to volunteer...just kidding, folks!

Phase 5.

So sorry to hear that you were "canned". You seemed ok to me. I personally have difficulty with a leader who does not even address volunteers and whom when you do have a chance to answer make a joke out of it,  Perhaps instead of their being one person over all of the phorum there could be several middle manages who divide up the sections.  I think for VS it is important that there be someone who either has been in religious life, is in the processor has a good working knowledge of it. There are enough religious on VS to form a committee.I see Mater with all of her retail information being a POC. Also Nunsense has a lot of experience and knowledge in the postulant novice stage.

Credo in Deum

So sorry to hear that you were "canned". You seemed ok to me. I personally have difficulty with a leader who does not even address volunteers and whom when you do have a chance to answer make a joke out of it,  Perhaps instead of their being one person over all of the phorum there could be several middle manages who divide up the sections.  I think for VS it is important that there be someone who either has been in religious life, is in the processor has a good working knowledge of it. There are enough religious on VS to form a committee.I see Mater with all of her retail information being a POC. Also Nunsense has a lot of experience and knowledge in the postulant novice stage.

Not worried about it.  He canned us all so I feel better. ;)

Even if he didn't it wouldn't have mattered.  I go with the flow.

Meh.

PhuturePriest

You realize he made all of those people moderators as a joke, right? He in fact made a thread explaining why he only wanted himself in charge, and it wasn't for egotistic reasons: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/135218-no-more-moderators-everybody-hates-them/

There is indeed more than one forum on Phatmass, and I recommend you branch out and look into all of them. Just staying in Vocation Station gets boring after a while anyway.

You realize he made all of those people moderators as a joke, right? 

Actually, no. Only the inactive ones that hadn't posted in years were jokes. I actually thought the active ones would do a great job because they were all people who wouldn't take it too seriously--which is actually the perfect type of mod for phatmass.

I just didn't anticipate the backlash and perceived sexism that bothered people. I'm weak.

Credo in Deum

I personally have difficulty with a leader who does not even address volunteers and whom when you do have a chance to answer make a joke out of it, Perhaps instead of their being one person over all of the phorum there could be several middle manages who divide up the sections. I think for VS it is important that there be someone who either has been in religious life, is in the processor has a good working knowledge of it. There are enough religious on VS to form a committee.I see Mater with all of her retail information being a POC. Also Nunsense has a lot of experience and knowledge in the postulant novice stage.

The vibe I got, and at times still get, from VS is that VS is the TMZ section for religious life. Some might say that is harsh and disrespectful, but IMO it's the truth. With that said I think the reason for why I was asked to be the mod of VS was because I didn't care about being the mod (heck I didn't even apply), and because while I care about VS and the people in it; I'm not obsessed with VS. Heck I was probably chosen for a simpler reason like; I replied back to dUSt with a PM of 150 character or less in the message.

Also let's be real. If VS needs multiple mods or a sub committee then that's just a sign VS isn't running the way it should be. I mean one would think that the very section which is mainly trafficked by those who want to take a vow of obedience, would be the one place where decisions by dUSt/mods would not be questioned. Edited by Credo in Deum