An Old School Catholic Message Board

Postulant List Help

ToJesusMyHeart

OnlySunshine

Unfortunately, ECCO probably won't work for you since they tend to run narrow.  They don't have wide sizes at all.  :(

You might try some of the skechers' work shoes -- they are incredibly comfortable and slip resistant -- and I have VERY wide feet and they work very well....  I really like the 'liv' style.  They aren't super-pretty, but they do the job & last forever... and those are the important things.

http://www.skechers.com/women/styles/work-shoes

ToJesusMyHeart

This is the one I found but it's actually out of stock. The website isn't updated. I called customer service and it's out. :( But I liked the propet maxigrip walker a lot! Thanks so much!!

OnlySunshine
OnlySunshine

This is the one I found but it's actually out of stock. The website isn't updated. I called customer service and it's out. :( But I liked the propet maxigrip walker a lot! Thanks so much!!

Glad you found something!  Propet is a really good brand.  In fact, I thought they were run by SAS since MANY of their shoes are the same styles.  My family friend (RIP) used to wear Propet shoes because she had diabetes.  They kept her feet protected and comfortable.  :)

ToJesusMyHeart

For the propet maxigrip walker, it has a "lace-up" design...but on my list it says it should be a lace-up shoe...I wonder if it's okay if they don't actually require tying?

One thought I had looking at this list...it might not be prudent to delete your main email account totally right before you enter (for the same reasons why it's not prudent to get rid of all your property before final vows). If you did discern out, it would be helpful to have access to at least one of your old email accounts for the sake of re-establishing contact with people who could help you get back on your feet again.

Maybe instead you could just set your email to send out a very long-term version of an away message? Or entrust your password to a close friend or family member and have them look after the account for you for at least a year or two?

Not sure if someone has already suggested this:

Did you know you can *pay* for an account on say Hotlook?  It is a minimal amount of money per year (maybe $25 ... I pay it yearly and I don't really look at how much it is).  And at that point you don't have to do anything to it at all (it will stay active).

If a parent or a sibling or a good friend is willing to do this, they can put their credit card info in, and it will charge on a yearly basis automatically.

This was a Godsend.  It really helped me both times that I entered, and I *still* pay for that account today.  Besides -- no ads:)

Finally, if your parents have a major internet provider (say Xfinity) they can set up an account tied to that.  You don't have to log in.  They're allowed to have a certain number of accounts tied to the main account, and as long as they don't switch to a different provider that account stays active too.

OnlySunshine

For the propet maxigrip walker, it has a "lace-up" design...but on my list it says it should be a lace-up shoe...I wonder if it's okay if they don't actually require tying?

I think they might hide the bow under the tongue.  I used to have saddle shoes like that.  You can always take the laces out and put in traditional ones.  ;)

SAS shoes are incredible.  I've been hooked since I left the convent.  Yes -- they do last a good while.  I abuse mine too ... so I usually have to replace them at about the 3 year mark (maybe longer -- certain colors I don't use that often).

And I just found out that since they're leather there are ways to deal with scuffing so that they don't look so bad. 

I only had one pair tear the entire time I've had them.  They were the strange ones.  I've been wearing SAS shoes since 2003, and the only other shoes I've been able to use that have not caused me issues are merrills and Wolky's (which are super duper expensive, except the one time I got them for !!!!! $45).  I just looked them ... they're running about $155.

OnlySunshine

SAS shoes are incredible.  I've been hooked since I left the convent.  Yes -- they do last a good while.  I abuse mine too ... so I usually have to replace them at about the 3 year mark (maybe longer -- certain colors I don't use that often).

And I just found out that since they're leather there are ways to deal with scuffing so that they don't look so bad. 

I only had one pair tear the entire time I've had them.  They were the strange ones.  I've been wearing SAS shoes since 2003, and the only other shoes I've been able to use that have not caused me issues are merrills and Wolky's (which are super duper expensive, except the one time I got them for !!!!! $45).  I just looked them ... they're running about $155.

My Nana got me hooked on SAS.  She was the one who took me to get my first pair.  I kept remarking how comfortable her shoes looked and she decided to buy me a pair for school.  I loved them!  I loved that you could replace the insoles when they got worn out.  They lasted me 3 years - MUCH longer than most shoes do.  I was so glad when I got some more last year - sandals and fisherman shoes.  :)

ToJesusMyHeart

The mock shirts I bought from Haband are on back-order and wouldn't arrive in time for my entrance so I needed to pay for expedited shipping. Bummer, but gotta do what I gotta do. Just as a warning to anyone else out there who needs those shirts, I would suggest another company unless you're not in a hurry.