Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Might Be A Catholic If...


Recommended Posts

brandelynmarie
Posted

Yes, a man listening to a bunch kids singing pop songs isn't creepy at all.
sarcasm.gif


Or a grown woman :evil:
brandelynmarie
Posted

Yes! I think I need to buy a new set of shelves.
...if you carry multiple rosaries and a third-class relic in your bag.


I almost always have an emergency backup rosary. :)

What third class relic do you carry? I have two touch relics: an olive wood cross from the Holy Land that has a bit of cloth touched to the Tomb of Jesus & one that was touched to a relic of the True Cross & Veil of our Lady. :love:
TheresaThoma
Posted

Pretty much all your landmarks are Churches. I was teased about this the other day. 

 

Adoration late at night is a normal part of your routine.

Posted

What third class relic do you carry? I have two touch relics: an olive wood cross from the Holy Land that has a bit of cloth touched to the Tomb of Jesus & one that was touched to a relic of the True Cross & Veil of our Lady. :love:

 

I have a St. Jean-Baptiste-Marie Vianney holy card that was touched to his tomb. :blush:

 

...when you can ask your Catholic friends where in town do they live by naming the parish closest to them.

Posted

You might be a Catholic if you don't let yourself be led by the nose, ask questions, seek answers, search out the truth, get into the trenches and bleed, question your own sanity daily, wonder why God has a high tolerance for you, don't walk around with a slap happy grin every day as if you just heard a puppy dog fart an said oh man that was soooo cute, and you might be a Catholic if your fellow brothers an sisters at mass constantly annoy you because they wont shut their trap about the daily goings of their life and are oblivious to where they are or who they are around that might be able to hear them. Oh and lastly, you might be a Catholic, if you can muster up to find something to thank God for when you would rather kick him square in the nads.

Credo in Deum
Posted

Ha! Nads. 

Ancilla Domini
Posted

I have two touch relics: an olive wood cross from the Holy Land that has a bit of cloth touched to the Tomb of Jesus & one that was touched to a relic of the True Cross & Veil of our Lady. :love:

 

I have a rosary touched to...*takes a deep breath before rattling off all the things her rosary has been touched to* :P

 

The tomb of St. Clare

The tomb of St. Francis

A relic of St. Padre Pio

The tomb of St. Augustine

The tomb of St. Catherine of Siena

The tomb of St. Monica

The tomb of St. Jerome

The steps that Our Lord climbed to reach the seat of Pontius Pilate

brandelynmarie
Posted

I'm jealous :blush:. That's awesome!

brandelynmarie
Posted

...your idea of a good time is to go on retreat...especially at a monastery. :)

Posted

...your idea of a good time is to go on retreat...especially at a monastery. :)

 

This is how I basically plan on using my vacation time from now on.

brandelynmarie
Posted (edited)

Seriously! It's the funniest thing actually.

My friends:"We went to Disney." "Going on a cruise!" "We are going to Vegas." "Where are you going on vacation, brandelynmarie?"

Me: "A silent retreat at a Benedictine monastery." :)

:o

rotfl

Edited by brandelynmarie
Posted

Do you give to charity?

 

Yes, x,y, and a tithe to the Church.

AveMariaPurissima
Posted

When a common topic of discussion among you and your friends after Mass is what medals, scapulars, cords, etc., you each are wearing.

 

Credo in Deum
Posted

...a cop pulls you over for speeding and asks; "where's the fire?" And you respond; "in hell if I don't get to confession!"

brandelynmarie
Posted (edited)

...you bless your new locker at work with holy water. And then hang holy cards inside. :saint:

Edited by brandelynmarie
AveMariaPurissima
Posted

...you deck out your binder and folders for school with appropriate holy cards (Holy Family for Children's Literature and St. Thomas Aquinas for Philosophy!) and prayers (St. Thomas Aquinas' prayer before study and a prayer to St. Joseph that I like.) :saint:

 

...you wish your college had an adoration chapel.    :amen:

 

(It's my first day of classes...can you tell? :bible: )

brandelynmarie
Posted

My first uni had a 24-hour Adoration chapel :love:


My second one did not...:alone:

Not A Mallard
Posted

...It's a Wonderful Life and Lord of the Rings are your all-time favorite movies.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...