An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summit Dominican Solemn Profession

Feankie

I copied this from the Summit Dominicans blog. I'm sure our wise and beloved Dominican Sister will elaborate on this for us.

We’re Livestreaming Sr. Maria Teresa’s Solemn profession!

Posted on September 2, 2014 by Summit Dominican Nuns
DSC_4981The Mass and Rite of Solemn Profession will be livestreamed! Join us at 10:00 AM DST on Saturday, September 6th if you can’t be with us in person!

Just a wee disclaimer! This isn’t EWTN or Vatican Television doing this, just us with our webcam and a little (!) help from YouTube and Google Hangouts!

You can subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE.

Here is the direct link for the livestream:
Solemn Profession of Sr. Maria Teresa

IgnatiusofLoyola

I copied this from the Summit Dominicans blog. I'm sure our wise and beloved Dominican Sister will elaborate on this for us.

We’re Livestreaming Sr. Maria Teresa’s Solemn profession!

Posted on September 2, 2014 by Summit Dominican Nuns
DSC_4981The Mass and Rite of Solemn Profession will be livestreamed! Join us at 10:00 AM DST on Saturday, September 6th if you can’t be with us in person!

Just a wee disclaimer! This isn’t EWTN or Vatican Television doing this, just us with our webcam and a little (!) help from YouTube and Google Hangouts!

You can subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE.

Here is the direct link for the livestream:
Solemn Profession of Sr. Maria Teresa

For any of you planning to listen to this, particularly those of you outside the U.S. who might not be as familiar with U.S. time zones--there is a small typo on the Web site. It says on the Web site (and in the quote above) that the service (and the livestream) will begin at 10:00 am DST. However there really is no such thing as DST. Right now, Summit, NJ, where the convent is located is on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). I'm sure most of you already knew that Summit, NJ in the U.S. is on Eastern Daylight Time. However, I know that U.S. time zones can sometimes be confusing for those outside the U.S. (Just as I know that, as someone who lives in the U.S., I get confused sometimes with time zones outside the U.S.)

Just a small FYI.

Personally, I am VERY excited about Sr. Maria Teresa's Solemn Profession. I probably won't try to listen to the livestream because I have a very slow computer that doesn't do well with livestreams. I'm hoping that a video may be posted later, and in the meantime, I expect we will get to see pictures. In the "old days" when I was able to travel, and I always seemed to be on a plane going somewhere, a plane ride to NJ would have been easy for me. Those days are over, so on Sat. morning I will be with the whole Summit Community in prayers and rejoicing, if not there in person.

The Dominicans have several profession ceremonies posted on their YouTube channel. The videos of Christmas and a sledding party are great as well.

puellapaschalis

For any of you planning to listen to this, particularly those of you outside the U.S. who might not be as familiar with U.S. time zones--there is a small typo on the Web site. It says on the Web site (and in the quote above) that the service (and the livestream) will begin at 10:00 am DST. However there really is no such thing as DST. Right now, Summit, NJ, where the convent is located is on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). I'm sure most of you already knew that Summit, NJ in the U.S. is on Eastern Daylight Time. However, I know that U.S. time zones can sometimes be confusing for those outside the U.S. (Just as I know that, as someone who lives in the U.S., I get confused sometimes with time zones outside the U.S.)

Just a small FYI.

Personally, I am VERY excited about Sr. Maria Teresa's Solemn Profession. I probably won't try to listen to the livestream because I have a very slow computer that doesn't do well with livestreams. I'm hoping that a video may be posted later, and in the meantime, I expect we will get to see pictures. In the "old days" when I was able to travel, and I always seemed to be on a plane going somewhere, a plane ride to NJ would have been easy for me. Those days are over, so on Sat. morning I will be with the whole Summit Community in prayers and rejoicing, if not there in person.

You inspired me. Not to do anything major, but to use find this nifty thing on the internet. Click to make it legible!

The yellow vertical line to the right represents 10:00AM EDT on Saturday. Find your own time zone on the left, scan across and you can read off exactly when you need to be watching!

For example: you can see I'm in the same time zone as Vienna - CEST or UTC+2. So I read across and find out that 10:00AM EDT is 4:00PM CEST. Which is good as I'm singing at Mass in the morning and now I know I'll have enough time to get back home.

If you want to try it yourself, I found it here: http://everytimezone.com/

Hope this is useful to some.

[attachment=3301:Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 03.09.09.png]

Edited by puellapaschalis

You inspired me. Not to do anything major, but to use find this nifty thing on the internet. Click to make it legible!

The yellow vertical line to the right represents 10:00AM EDT on Saturday. Find your own time zone on the left, scan across and you can read off exactly when you need to be watching!

For example: you can see I'm in the same time zone as Vienna - CEST or UTC+2. So I read across and find out that 10:00AM EDT is 4:00PM CEST. Which is good as I'm singing at Mass in the morning and now I know I'll have enough time to get back home.

If you want to try it yourself, I found it here: http://everytimezone.com/

Hope this is useful to some.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-09-05 at 03.09.09.png

And 3 p.m. here. Much obliged PP!

I dunno... I read that as 'Dominican Sister Time' myself...... probably should have been DNT..... but we WON'T go there!   Prayers for you and Sr. Teresa Maria!  I'm hoping and planning to join you from the western USA.....  and in spirit if my body decides to not be willing.  7AM????   on Saturday????   aaaaggggghhhhh... Penance... it's not just for Dominicans..... ;)

Sound quality is terrible but congratulations to Sister Maria Teresa and the community!

Link to the profession video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsFNsYWvGBY&list=UUsZOgMXn1HvFDolC1vcQ70g

Sr Mary Catharine OP

So disappointed that the feed cutout right at the profession! Obviously, I couldn't man the camera and Sr. Maria Teresa's sister offered to do it at the last minute because the person who was supposed to got sick.

The audio actually wasn't very good for us sitting in the sanctuary. The speakers weren't picking up the sisters.

NEXT TIME we'll do a better job!

The ceremony was just wonderful and now everyone is having a great time in St. Dominic's hall!

So disappointed that the feed cutout right at the profession! Obviously, I couldn't man the camera and Sr. Maria Teresa's sister offered to do it at the last minute because the person who was supposed to got sick.

The audio actually wasn't very good for us sitting in the sanctuary. The speakers weren't picking up the sisters.

NEXT TIME we'll do a better job!

The ceremony was just wonderful and now everyone is having a great time in St. Dominic's hall!

Before the feed cut out, I noticed there was someone (professional?) taking pictures.  Will these be posted on the blog at anytime?  And a big congratulations to Sr. Maria Teresa.