An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summit Dominican Solemn Profession

Feankie

• 2 weeks later...

So disappointed that the feed cutout right at the profession! Obviously, I couldn't man the camera and Sr. Maria Teresa's sister offered to do it at the last minute because the person who was supposed to got sick.

The audio actually wasn't very good for us sitting in the sanctuary. The speakers weren't picking up the sisters.

NEXT TIME we'll do a better job!

The ceremony was just wonderful and now everyone is having a great time in St. Dominic's hall!

By my math, next time is pretty soon.  Sister Mary Magdalene can't be that far away, right?  :)

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Yes, you're right! Sr. Mary Magdalene was just voted on to make Solemn Profession January 1st!

We are expecting 2 and maybe 3 postulants in the next 3 months as well! Deo gratias!

Yes, you're right! Sr. Mary Magdalene was just voted on to make Solemn Profession January 1st!

We are expecting 2 and maybe 3 postulants in the next 3 months as well! Deo gratias!

Oooh, exciting! and what a lovely day to profess final vows!

IgnatiusofLoyola

January 1st is a wonderful day! And, it's going to be beautiful, not only because of the joy of the occasion, but also because all the decorations for Christmas will still be there. A very monastic use of resources.  ;)

I now have another reason (besides my own personal, selfish reasons) to pray that this coming winter will be much milder than last winter. We want Sister Mary Magdalene's family to have no travel problems coming to New Jersey.

Wow! Two or three new possible postulants in the next three months!

And, if I remember correctly, Sister Mary Cecilia didn't enter THAT long after Sister Mary Magdalene, so you may have two final professions in 2015, (unless I am confused, which is quite possible). Also, I deliberately used the word "final" because I know that Sister Mary Cecelia is an extern Sister, so (I think) will take different vows than cloistered Sisters, although her vows will still be for life. Also, I think you have said before (if not here, then on the Summit blog) that Sister Mary Cecelia lives alongside the other cloistered Sisters, and lives essentially the same life as the cloistered Sisters, except for leaving the monastery as needed to take care of Community business. (Again, correct me if I have this wrong.)

A busy year ahead for the Novice mistress!