An Old School Catholic Message Board

Because We Love Them, We Respect Them

franciscanheart

Franciscan Heart I do not know you so I will excuse your tone of voice. If you have been around here for a number of years

<condescending Wonka here>

"Tone of voice" slightly edited for VS culture:

Just a quick note --

I and others have observed a startling lack of respect for the privacy of young religious. Posting pictures, names, locations, etc. of young religious is not a good idea unacceptable and just plain rude. If you do not have that person's express permission to post said picture, name, location, etc., you really should refrain from sharing it in such a public place (if at all).

If you are friends with that person and they choose to share photos, experiences, names, locations, etc., you should be an amesome friend and keep each of those things private unless asked to share with others -- or, as I mentioned before, you receive express permission to share.

Yes, it is an exciting time, and certainly we want to pray for each of our religious, but we can do so without sharing every intimate details of their person or of their experiences in and out of the monastery/convent. This is especially true of phatmassers who have left us to join the convent, since after all, we have their screennames to remember them by. I'm pretty sure God will know who you are talking about if you say you'd like Him to bless the171.

Because we love them, we respect them (and their privacy).  :like:

painfully Cheerful HR Lady says:

1. Explain the policy and why it is important.

2. Avoid suggesting that violators have done something that might be indicative of a negative habit or character trait. (e.g., rude, lack respect, etc.) 

3. Give direction without extraneous comment, e.g., avoid use of the word "should" which is a shame trigger. 

Result: less defensiveness and better compliance.

and VS keeps more of the lovely gentle culture that makes this a special part of phatmass.

Love some pot-stirring, me. remember the bomb-throwing consecrated virgins? epic. But VS not the place for it. 

Edited by Lilllabettt

Geeze Louise,  171 posted where she was entering and when. I saw the picture on Imagine Sisters and thought cool lets share this with others. A lot of folks like to know how many enter which communities.

I am 65 years old and still remember with great fondness and love my days in the convent over 40 years ago which is why I have subscribed to this site. But, I have decided today is my last day on Phatmass. It is too much drama for me and t opens up parts of me such as judgment as to how in the heck are so many of these folks going to make it in the convent. To me Religious life opens oneself up entirely to God and God's people - - like the song Who shall I send.  We die to self and live in JOY - Jesus, Others Myself. You lose your sense of self importance and need for protection. I realize that Religious are human beings with all the human frailties but in order to say yes to Jesus you have to let go.

It has been tragic for me when a couple of people have had to leave due to illness such as my friend Faith (have permission). Why God chooses who he chooses will always be a mystery.

To those I know, I won't forget you and to those I don't take care and God Bless you!

Das, I explained to you above why I took action. It was not because you posted the image, but because her REAL name was used to identify her, specifically, on the image. I am sure you can see why she prefers both not to be present on a public phorum?

What if someone you ha never met came in here and posted a picture of you with your name and oter personal info?

Please don't leave PM for something so small. We are a community, and I am sure you remember that, in a community, everyone has to give up a little of themselves in love. It is not easy to be One Church.

IcePrincessKRS

imagine sisters used the photo without sharing identities. if you would like to update, fine. ask me first so that I can also ask the three other girls in formation. I HAVE internet. I will update when I want. I have friends on this forum who can and will share updates. but please let me have the freedom to do this.

A message from the171.

Peace.

franciscanheart

and VS keeps more of the lovely gentle culture that makes this a special part of phatmass.

:huh: Have you ever been to VS? :lol:

I am closing this thread because I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Please feel free to PM me with any concerns, questions, or complaints.

Thanks.