Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Explain A Film Plot Badly


Recommended Posts

Posted

A couple of teenagers experience a real-life version of the infamous Scary Maze game.

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted

The movie follows the wacky hijinks at an army hospital during the korean war. 

 

This one was easy (maybe I'm showing my age :joecool: ). MASH.

Posted

Unexpected evening steak and family fun with headstrong daughter, her unknown fiance and the in-laws.

Not A Mallard
Posted

Cars kill each other.

Posted

Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway describe Les Miserables in modern terms.

http://youtu.be/kdsk_uiBZqw

Not A Mallard
Posted

Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway describe Les Miserables in modern terms.

http://youtu.be/kdsk_uiBZqw

AmK21.jpg?1

  • 2 weeks later...
Mary+Immaculate<3
Posted

This guys gets beaten up and killed. He has long hair. There's something about bread. Then the last scene he's fine.

Mary+Immaculate<3
Posted

Mary Bennett is stopped from reading a sermon at the dining-table.

At least she had some excellent boiled potatoes.
Not A Mallard
Posted

This guys gets beaten up and killed. He has long hair. There's something about bread. Then the last scene he's fine.

2 hours of dread, 30 seconds of happy.  Then it ends.

Mary+Immaculate<3
Posted (edited)

2 hours of dread, 30 seconds of happy. Then it ends.


Yep, I wish there was more at the end. Edited by Mary+Immaculate<3
Not A Mallard
Posted

Yep, I wish there was more at the end.

I wish there was more flashbacks in general.  Not because the movie was graphic, but because they didn't even establish that Jesus was the son of God and why he had to die.

Mary+Immaculate<3
Posted (edited)

I wish there was more flashbacks in general. Not because the movie was graphic, but because they didn't even establish that Jesus was the son of God and why he had to die.

I thought that it was well done and didn't mind the minimal flashbacks. To me the point of making that movie was to show at least a more accurate depiction of the Passion to illustrate the magnitude of what Christ suffered. Most people, in the West at least, have heard that Jesus is the "Son of God." Although, I'm not sure most know what that entails. Also, part of the implementation of flashbacks, it seems, is to have a temporary release from the intensity. Like the scene with Mary and the water, or the Sermon on the Mount. Edited by Mary+Immaculate<3
Not A Mallard
Posted

I thought that it was well done and didn't mind the minimal flashbacks. To me the point of making that movie was to show at least a more accurate depiction of the Passion to illustrate the magnitude of what Christ suffered. Most people, in the West at least, have heard that Jesus is the "Son of God." Although, I'm not sure most know what that entails. Also, part of the implementation of flashbacks, it seems, is to have a temporary release from the intensity. Like the scene with Mary and the water, or the Sermon on the Mount.

I think they should have shown at least one miracle from his days of ministry.  That's how Jesus proved that he was the son of God.

Mary+Immaculate<3
Posted

I think they should have shown at least one miracle from his days of ministry. That's how Jesus proved that he was the son of God.

Yes, miracles are good. But the greatest miracle in the movie was the Last Supper. Perhaps that was emphasized rather than the other miracles because often other non-Catholic Christians will emphasize the miracles but brush aside the "This is My Body" and "This is My Blood" part, or treat it symbolically.
Not A Mallard
Posted

Yes, miracles are good. But the greatest miracle in the movie was the Last Supper. Perhaps that was emphasized rather than the other miracles because often other non-Catholic Christians will emphasize the miracles but brush aside the "This is My Body" and "This is My Blood" part, or treat it symbolically.

Good point.

Mary+Immaculate<3
Posted

Good point.

Also another thing which I think would play into the "less miracles" part and less flashbacks in general is that it is impossible to act out the Hypostatic Union. I agree that seeing more miracles would have been good in general, but I think in the grand scheme of things it is better as is. Because, if one cannot even fully comprehend a person who is fully God and fully man, how much harder would it be to act as such? Just a thought.
Posted

The movie follows the wacky hijinks at an army hospital during the korean war. 

Although that's not a bad explanation of the movie; it is the whole movie, and the numerous seasons which followed.

Not A Mallard
Posted

A man carries a ring to a mountain and finds out that it's not for a wedding.

Posted

A woman pretending to be married to one man, marries another man, who is in turned betrothed to another because Christmas.

Posted

An old guy sees some ghosts and buys a goose.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...