An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Support Scotland!

CrossCuT

puellapaschalis

Dundee is the first county to return a Yes.

Yes: 53,620

No: 39,880

Edited by puellapaschalis

How does it work with counting? Does it matter how the total number of people nationwide who vote no or yes? Or is it like in the US where it matters which states/areas vote yes/no?

How does it work with counting? Does it matter how the total number of people nationwide who vote no or yes? Or is it like in the US where it matters which states/areas vote yes/no?

I'm pretty sure they're doing it democratically (thus by vote) rather than using electorates.

rest easy FP its a "No."

"Yes" campaign has already lost in areas they needed to win.

Night night phatmass.

Long live the Queen, long live the United Kingdom.

The Scots probably just decided to stick around because the future king and queen are just so frakking beautiful. Seriously.

prince-william-and-catherine-middleton.j

Makes me seriously consider just straight up calling myself a monarchist.

Hooray for the United Kingdom. Scotland has proven it's not stupid enough to jump straight off a cliff and into economic and militaristic instability.

IT is a shame that Scotland didn't obtain their independance through a peaceful vote,  just goes to show what politicians will do to keep control, it isn't as if this was just a few people in Scotland looking to stir the pot that woke up one morning and said hey this will be fun for a few snickers n giggles,  money rules the vote and freedom takes a second seat.  Just goes to show that no one can simply vote to seceede, it takes a lot of money and in the end people willing to fight for what they want.

and  another interesting article.

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-angry-washington-1-4-americans-open-secession-114109388.html

Rather interesting to see anyone cheering the scotts failure, masking this as a big mistake avoided, Same thing i suppose took place with the young America wanting to split from the crown, same calls that America would fail, or not be able to protect or take care of themselves and such a horrible thing to split from ones own countrymen.  And more over this is probably the outcome early America would have faced if they simply tried to negotiate with the crown, via a petition or a " vote ".

Scotland would have been better off, compsoing their own decleration of independence  and simply sending it in and to hell with voting.  If Russia can walk into a part of the Ukraine, and take it, with barely a slap on the wrist from the rest of the world, Scotland would have been just as vindicated to leave peacefully through their own decleration. And I suspect there would have been less to absolutely no reprocussions for Scotland doing so.  And to think Scotland would have fallen into the sea, or the boogy man would have came and gobbled them up for doing so, is just a ridiculous to think.

This was no fluke, or a stunt on the part of Scotland, and the " vote " is merely a tactic to keep power, to say here look we will give you a chance, lets just vote, would have been similar to the past of the Nazi party who thus created laws, that were aimed at the jewish people, and then arresting some jewish people, and telling them well you are convicted on this said law, but hey we will give you a fair trial. An then woops sorry you were found guilty. But hey least we gave you a fair trial.

Granted there are vast differences in the comparison the lethality of the situation and the hate is not there, but the same concept is, create a law to favor those in power, and then pretend to give the other side a fair trial, and then those blind to the situation applaude the fairness of everything.  And then the answer is, well you must be a sore loser, try again next year with another vote. Or appeal the conviction.   But what ever you do, don't be violent, don't fight for what you believe in, because the rules that you wanted and voted for that we now control and ammended is very fair, and to go against it would be treason and wrong and illegal.

So i guess Scotland has to just sit an spin till things get so horribly bad that everyone must concede by a mob observation that they have no other choice but to split ties by force.

I wonder what the US would look like if 90% of the population voted.

I would say it wouldn't matter , but considering how both parties go out of their way to manipulate illegal immigrants into voting, it has to matter to some degree, though with obvious tampering of votes each and every time it makes me wonder what is the point, to bring in extra votes, to then go and turn around and tamper with the voting process to swing things to one parties favor.

I would switch the question to what would the US look like if both parties did not manipulate illegal immigrants into voting, and no illegal immigrant from where ever they come from be allowed to vote at all, and also, there was zero tampering with the voting process.  If that took place, and if the vote wasn't always centered on swing states, then i think things would be really interesting.

That and the option of a vote of no confidence towards a presidential candidate or incumbent president, which would thus lead to the senate and congress having to work things out instead of being lead by the nose by one party in power at the top, claiming the other side is hindering things.

But it is interesting how the Presidency is now just a ticket to do what ever you want , and how you want, everyone else be damned.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The crown has always offered independence to it's countries in the commonwealth at some time or another. She offered australia her independende about 15 years ago but the majority of australians voted to stay on the mothers breast so to speak. :)