An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Postulant!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

IgnatiusofLoyola

Iggy, they are there on the blog. It's not an external link. I'm not sure why you couldn't see them. Hmmm.

I logged into your blog just now and I COULD see the pictures! I'm not sure why I couldn't see them before--sometimes pictures load very slowly on my computer because I have a slow connection, so it may simply have been that I didn't wait long enough for the pictures to load. Don't worry about it--I'm virtually sure any problem in seeing the pictures was due to my computer.

One picture stood out for me, and that was the postulant jumper, blouse, and veil hanging, waiting for the new postulant. I think you said once that the reason you provide the clothing for a new postulant is that it is one expression of the intention that all a postulant's/Sister's needs (including clothing) are met by the Community, and I thought that was lovely. (I'm sure postulants need/are allowed to bring some things, but their pre-entrance "shopping list" is probably shorter.) 

Note: In saying this, I am NOT criticizing Communities where the postulant makes her own postulant uniform, and sometimes sews her own habit for her clothing. From a practical standpoint, Communities with large postulant classes don't necessarily have the resources to devote to sewing uniforms for all new postulants. And, having postulants sew their own habit before their clothing may not only be a practical necessity, it also ensures that all new novices learn how to sew!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Here they used to pass babies through the turn! It was a "thing" to be able to tell someone that as a baby they came in on the turn! :saint2:  I like to carry them to the window and show them the garden so that when they get big I can embarrass them and tell them I did that!

When I mentioned this earlier, I thought I was being silly. I LOVE the image of a baby being passed through the turn!

Here they used to pass babies through the turn! It was a "thing" to be able to tell someone that as a baby they came in on the turn! :saint2:  I like to carry them to the window and show them the garden so that when they get big I can embarrass them and tell them I did that!

Wouldn't it be funny if one of those babies ended up entering! I wonder if there are pictures of babies coming through the turn...