An Old School Catholic Message Board

Here Is A Thread Noone Who Isn't A Mediator Of Meh Can Comment On

PhuturePriest

HisChildForever

Honestly this kind of topic used to set me off, but it's just one man's opinion. He is free to have it, even though parts of it are quite ludicrous.

franciscanheart

Honestly this kind of topic used to set me off, but it's just one man's opinion. He is free to have it, even though parts of it are quite ludicrous.

He absolutely has a right to his opinion. Unfortunately, his opinion is being broadcast and, due to his station, is supposed to carry weight. This kind of nonsense falls into the wrong hands and, as we've seen, becomes quite scandalous. Males (not always men) like Norseman or FetusF* run with it like it's Truth. It's important that we not allow people to think this is acceptable or accepted by reasonable, faithful Catholics. Just as men can't sit on their laurels and expect to be spoon-fed their faith, we can't stand around and complain about being disregarded in the Church.

I trust the Holy Spirit never to deliver the Church into the hands of people's whose ideologies match those of misguided youth like FF, but I do believe we have a responsibility here on earth to do our own part in seeing to it that something like that doesn't happen.

HisChildForever

He absolutely has a right to his opinion. Unfortunately, his opinion is being broadcast and, due to his station, is supposed to carry weight. This kind of nonsense falls into the wrong hands and, as we've seen, becomes quite scandalous. Males (not always men) like Norseman or FetusF* run with it like it's Truth. It's important that we not allow people to think this is acceptable or accepted by reasonable, faithful Catholics. Just as men can't sit on their laurels and expect to be spoon-fed their faith, we can't stand around and complain about being disregarded in the Church.

I trust the Holy Spirit never to deliver the Church into the hands of people's whose ideologies match those of misguided youth like FF, but I do believe we have a responsibility here on earth to do our own part in seeing to it that something like that doesn't happen.

I suppose I'm hoping that people will see through the nonsense, but that could be false hope.

franciscanheart

I suppose I'm hoping that people will see through the nonsense, but that could be false hope.

I think this thread (and many like it) have proven without a shadow of a doubt that not some will absolutely refuse or are completely incapable, bless their hearts.

What is your problem? I don't think FP has it right, but I think it's asinine to be so dismissive. Then again, that seems to be your MO around here. Whatever, carry on. 

PhuturePriest

I'm still trying to figure out what "FetusF*" is supposed to stand for. The only thing I can think of is a bad word, but I'd like to think you're above that.

I also like how you very smoothly but boldly stated I'm not a reasonable, faithful Catholic. I certainly see why everyone thinks you're so charming.

Keep on being enlightened and reasonable!

tumblr_ng19tsBTIp1u2wtino1_500.gif

Edited by PhuturePriest

The above is the thing trolls everywhere work towards all their life.

That moment when the target gets so full of indignation that you can hear their voice cracking with frustration when you read their posts.

High five Phuture. Mission Accomplished.

but keep the cackles of glee down; don't distract them from The Important Mission of reminding "males" who don't agree that they are Not Real Men.

you're not a man are you Phuture.

you wear a disguise to look like human guys but you're not a man you're a chicken boo. 

I get personally insulted and suspended all the time. I know for a fact that I've been warned/punished on this board way more than you have. Maybe you don't notice because I don't whine about it and make my every fifth post about how the politically correct powers that be are putting me down because I'm the victim and the world is so cruel and unfair ;'(

If only there was a political philosophy out there that encouraged people to roll with the punches and avoid classifying themselves as victims all the time. That political philosophy sure could have a lot to say to people like you who have a weird need to feel victimized.

Hmmmmmm

Actually, that post was not about myself at all.  

(I don't share your weird and creepy obsession with myself.)

(For those of you without reading comprehension or the ability to follow links, it was a response to Ampax's bizarre statement to AnHistorian that his post was "out of line" and somehow against the forum rules, and the double standard of many in the peanut gallery who whine about "mean" Catholic posts while defending the anti-Catholic garbage.)

I never claimed to be victimized.  Sheesh.

(And I don't even remember the last time I was warned.  dUSt is a cool cat.)

Hey Socrates, nice to see you're as pleasant as ever. And no, I was talking about personal attacks. Because, last I checked, calling someone a cretin qualified. 

But personal attacks against Cardinal Burke are okay?

If you're going to complain about personal attacks, the same rules should apply to and regarding everybody.

I propped this, thinking it was a joke, but I'm still getting used to Phatmass humor, so maybe I was wrong?

Yes, I was joking.

Seriously.

He absolutely has a right to his opinion. Unfortunately, his opinion is being broadcast and, due to his station, is supposed to carry weight. This kind of nonsense falls into the wrong hands and, as we've seen, becomes quite scandalous.  . . .

Ve must rigorously censor dangerous dissenting thought!

Call in the pc thought police!

There is over-the-counter medication that can help you....