An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stephen Fry Asked About God

Ancilla Domini

who the hell is steven fry? The guy from futurama?

The fat nasty naked guy from Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. EWwwwWwwwww

He played Jeeves to Hugh Laurie's Wooster.

who the hell is steven fry? The guy from futurama?

He's like a famous comedian and actor and stuff. So he's in an excellent position to comment on theological problems.

More or less, yeah. It makes sense to me.

I see his argument. Yet I don't believe God is evil. That's the implications he's making. That God likely exist and he is evil. Edited by Guest

Well, you can probably say he is. 

I mean, if God is all powerful an can do anything..then why didnt he just make us perfect and enlightened to his will? 

He wanted us to CHOOSE him CC!!

Well yes, I get that...but why? Just create beings that dont care. If he knows we will be happy with him then just do that! Dont put us through this little mouse maze where our entire outlook was decided for us by random naked morons who effed it up. Just fix it God. Make it better!

Einstein believed in God but thought he wasn't involved in personal affairs.That makes more sense to me then God being purposely evil.I believe that God is involved personally with us.That doesn't leave me without questions. I don't think I could ever be pushed so far to believe God is evil.That pretty much just equals knowing God is there but hating him as you believe he hates you. Sorta like being in Job's situation but going all the way with it and concluding in your mind and soul that God truly is evil. Therefore wanting nothing to do with him.

Edited by Guest

Well, you can probably say he is.

I mean, if God is all powerful an can do anything..then why didnt he just make us perfect and enlightened to his will?

He wanted us to CHOOSE him CC!!

Well yes, I get that...but why? Just create beings that dont care. If he knows we will be happy with him then just do that! Dont put us through this little mouse maze where our entire outlook was decided for us by random naked morons who effed it up. Just fix it God. Make it better!

Yea I hear what you are saying. It also makes it more complicated when Adam and Eve could be allegorical. Not saying that's the case. Edited by Guest

Just fix it God. Make it better!

Also he sorta does. Eternity is forver. This life is like a grain of sand, if that compared to it. So He sorta does fix it and make it better. Edited by Guest

If reincarnation were true then I would conclude God is evil. I wouldn't hesitate. Not that an evil god would care what a tiny spec of dust like me thought.

Edited by Guest

Also he sorta does. Eternity is forver. This life is like a grain of sand, if that compared to it. So He sorta does fix it and make it better.

He didnt have to do any of this. Create a reality where choosing things doesnt matter. Just make us happy in heaven with him. He can do that cause he is God.

He didnt have to do any of this. Create a reality where choosing things doesnt matter. Just make us happy in heaven with him. He can do that cause he is God.

Could there still be free will this way? Edited by Guest