Ash Wednesday Posted February 18, 2015 Posted February 18, 2015 [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNewoyc8fU[/media] My husband sounds a bit like that when he's mad and really sing-songs with his Swedish accent when he raises his voice. It leads to me stifling laughter at unfortunate times but also comes in handy for diffusing the argument bomb.
marigold Posted February 20, 2015 Posted February 20, 2015 20 Ways To Annoy A Swede (feel for you at no. 3, franny...)
franciscanheart Posted February 20, 2015 Author Posted February 20, 2015 I've suddenly decided I like coffee. :ohno: Now, who wants to get married and have babies?
franciscanheart Posted February 24, 2015 Author Posted February 24, 2015 I was going to suggest that I could not deal with Swedish weather, but Stockholm is about the same as Dallas right now...
CrossCuT Posted February 24, 2015 Posted February 24, 2015 I was going to suggest that I could not deal with Swedish weather, but Stockholm is about the same as Dallas right now... Ive read so many blogs and swedish sites and they always go on and on about how tourists or expats need to be prepared for the Swedish winters...but here in Minnesota...its like 10x colder. However, Sweden has less light...and most of the time that is the main culprit for SAD. The cold might not get you, but the lack of sun could....Bring your lamps!!!
franciscanheart Posted February 24, 2015 Author Posted February 24, 2015 Ive read so many blogs and swedish sites and they always go on and on about how tourists or expats need to be prepared for the Swedish winters...but here in Minnesota...its like 10x colder. However, Sweden has less light...and most of the time that is the main culprit for SAD. The cold might not get you, but the lack of sun could....Bring your lamps!!! The more I learn about Sweden, the more I think it's the lover of my life who will never be. :ohno: SIGH.
hoosieranna Posted February 24, 2015 Posted February 24, 2015 (edited) My heritage is Swiss (Basel). My mother couldn't remember so she claimed Finland. I think she was thinking of Sweden and just claimed somewhere sort of (globally speaking) nearby. It made no more sense when she explained it. I've learned a little Finnish, find the Sami fascinating, and can argue about sagas and the Kalevala for hours. I would move to Sweden in a heartbeat if I could get a work visa. I buy fun Ikea cookies instead. I speak decent French but no German so I'm letting my Swiss part half (or one quarter) down. Edited February 24, 2015 by Nadezhda
franciscanheart Posted March 6, 2015 Author Posted March 6, 2015 I'm starting to think my mail didn't make it overseas.
marigold Posted March 7, 2015 Posted March 7, 2015 I'm starting to think my mail didn't make it overseas. It did! It did! And so did mine! It's just hugely delayed because of work, Lent and money
franciscanheart Posted March 7, 2015 Author Posted March 7, 2015 It did! It did! And so did mine! It's just hugely delayed because of work, Lent and money Oh phew!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now