An Old School Catholic Message Board

First Meeting With Vocations Director?

oratefratres

TheresaThoma

If you haven't heard anything back in a month. It would be wise to try again because after all we are dealing with technology and humans. Messages can go astray or be put into the "deal with later pile" and then forgotten about.I found sometimes it makes it feel less awkward if you have some new bit of news to share. If you don't that is fine as well. 

As far as when you have that first appointment it will probably just be a getting to know you type talk. So spend some time in prayer and reflection about what had brought you to this point in your life.  Think about why you feel you might be called to the priesthood. You don't have to have a definitive answer but rather an answer to what made you write that letter to request an appointment. 

Yes, do call them. I've had the experience of getting no answer on important issues several times (via email), but then it turned out that they didn't get my message or that the respective person was on holiday and afterwards my message had gone lost in the huge mass of mail waiting for his/her return.

And, please: NEVER build a life-long decision on the opinion of only one person. I've experienced and heard more than once of SDs who first told me (or others) I had a vocation to consecrated life, and lateron they argued the converse.

Yes, it is important that the call which you hear in your heart gets objectively confirmed by a representative of the church. But keep in mind that humans sometimes fail and that sometimes the dark one tries to get in between and disorder things. Sometimes it needs more than one attempt.

Take courage:) Pick up the phone:)