An Old School Catholic Message Board

How old is too old?

Kateri89

To shop in the juniors department?  I'm 25 and I feel kind of creepy when I shop in juniors but at the same time I feel too young to be shopping in the women's section.  I'm not trying to wear flashy, sparkly shirts with phrases written on them but I can't bring myself to buy frumpy clothes either...

Credo in Deum

There are probably lots of women who wish they could still shop in juniors.

They're probably giving you the evil eye right now.

Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer-Is-Skeptical-Gi

Im fat and I can shop in juniors. Dont try to inspire some girl on girl hate. Shame on you, get out.

Let me mansplain this to you. Juniors doesnt me "mini" or "junior" sized clothes. Junior refers to an age group. Believe it or not there are large females under the age of 16 who need to buy clothes too...and where do they shop? JUNIORS!

Well maybe he means they wish they were young enough for juniors. I'd say when you get to be 30 that's too old. 

Well maybe he means they wish they were young enough for juniors. I'd say when you get to be 30 that's too old. 

​You can wear anything you want! Let nothing stop you! Youre only limited by your own imagination.

​You can wear anything you want! Let nothing stop you! Youre only limited by your own imagination.

I think its a self limited phenomenon.  I loved juniors until about last year I suddenly went..... No. Do not want. And followed the light to Ann Taylor

PhuturePriest

When you're old enough to be my mother, you are too old. Keep in mind I am a fetus, so this is pretty limiting in nature.

HopefulHeart

I sometimes Iook around the junior department, but I personally have trouble finding juniors' items that fit well and appeal to me. I typically stick to the women's section. Yes, some of the women's clothing is frumpy, but I've managed to find some cute pieces that fit well.

I don't think there's any unspoken age limit for the junior department. If you find clothes there that you like, then go for it! :)

Anastasia13

When the clothing A. Does not fit or B. Is a style that is worn by people several years younger and not by your age range.

AccountDeleted

Shop wherever you want to shop - whose business is it but yours? You might find something you like that works well for you - or you might not. 

niles-crane-meme.jpg

Maybe it's different in the UK, but there is no 'junior' department per se, just shops that are associated more closely with teenagers. There are also a lot of shops with a target audience that blurs from the teens into the twenties or older. I wouldn't shop in Miss Selfridge or New Look any more, although I know some people my age are happy to go there, because I associate them too much with teens (and I also find the styles a bit tacky sometimes). Fat Face also has a teenage clientele (despite the weird name!) but it's currently my favourite place to go - their clothes work well in your twenties and beyond. I suppose it depends on the store.

AccountDeleted

My store of choice is a thrift shop. :P 

I can never find anything I like so at least I don't want to pay a fortune for it. The problem with second hand stores though is that you might find something you like, but in a bad color or wrong size. I really wish I could make all my own clothes but I'm not that good at sewing. But how neat to wear exactly what you want!