Kateri89 Posted March 27, 2015 Posted March 27, 2015 To shop in the juniors department? I'm 25 and I feel kind of creepy when I shop in juniors but at the same time I feel too young to be shopping in the women's section. I'm not trying to wear flashy, sparkly shirts with phrases written on them but I can't bring myself to buy frumpy clothes either...
Credo in Deum Posted March 27, 2015 Posted March 27, 2015 There are probably lots of women who wish they could still shop in juniors. They're probably giving you the evil eye right now.
CrossCuT Posted March 27, 2015 Posted March 27, 2015 Im fat and I can shop in juniors. Dont try to inspire some girl on girl hate. Shame on you, get out. Let me mansplain this to you. Juniors doesnt me "mini" or "junior" sized clothes. Junior refers to an age group. Believe it or not there are large females under the age of 16 who need to buy clothes too...and where do they shop? JUNIORS!
Maggyie Posted March 27, 2015 Posted March 27, 2015 Well maybe he means they wish they were young enough for juniors. I'd say when you get to be 30 that's too old.
CrossCuT Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Well maybe he means they wish they were young enough for juniors. I'd say when you get to be 30 that's too old. You can wear anything you want! Let nothing stop you! Youre only limited by your own imagination.
Maggyie Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 You can wear anything you want! Let nothing stop you! Youre only limited by your own imagination. I think its a self limited phenomenon. I loved juniors until about last year I suddenly went..... No. Do not want. And followed the light to Ann Taylor
PhuturePriest Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 When you're old enough to be my mother, you are too old. Keep in mind I am a fetus, so this is pretty limiting in nature.
HopefulHeart Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 I sometimes Iook around the junior department, but I personally have trouble finding juniors' items that fit well and appeal to me. I typically stick to the women's section. Yes, some of the women's clothing is frumpy, but I've managed to find some cute pieces that fit well. I don't think there's any unspoken age limit for the junior department. If you find clothes there that you like, then go for it!
Anastasia13 Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 When the clothing A. Does not fit or B. Is a style that is worn by people several years younger and not by your age range.
Nunsense Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Shop wherever you want to shop - whose business is it but yours? You might find something you like that works well for you - or you might not.
beatitude Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Maybe it's different in the UK, but there is no 'junior' department per se, just shops that are associated more closely with teenagers. There are also a lot of shops with a target audience that blurs from the teens into the twenties or older. I wouldn't shop in Miss Selfridge or New Look any more, although I know some people my age are happy to go there, because I associate them too much with teens (and I also find the styles a bit tacky sometimes). Fat Face also has a teenage clientele (despite the weird name!) but it's currently my favourite place to go - their clothes work well in your twenties and beyond. I suppose it depends on the store.
Nunsense Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 My store of choice is a thrift shop. I can never find anything I like so at least I don't want to pay a fortune for it. The problem with second hand stores though is that you might find something you like, but in a bad color or wrong size. I really wish I could make all my own clothes but I'm not that good at sewing. But how neat to wear exactly what you want!
beatitude Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Nunsense, I get most of my things from eBay. You can quite often pick up brand-new clothes at a fraction of the price you would get them in the shop. I prefer this to thrift and charity shops as I find that the quality and sizes available in those tend to vary too much. I'm taller than average and need long-length trousers, and as there are only a few places that make trousers in different lengths, online shopping is the best option for me. You might find that you get more choices this way too. Thinking about it, I probably do dress 'younger' than my age. I work with very traumatised children and I pick out colourful fun clothes that will make me seem friendly and approachable, so nothing too professional. Recently I bought a bright pink T-shirt with a parrot on it just because I know that the kids will love it if I come to work wearing a parrot. If I had any other job I might not be quite so exuberant in my clothes.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 I couldn't care less if I saw someone shopping in the juniors section because they see clothes there they like. If someone takes issue, then they sure must have a great life to have to concern themselves with something like that.
Basilisa Marie Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 You're probably fine. I'm 26 and stopped shopping in the juniors section when I was about 21 or 22, but that was partly because the clothes wouldn't really fit and partly because I look pretty young so I'm on an endless crusade to not get mistaken for a teenager (or young college kid). A lot of juniors clothing doesn't seem to be cut right for lots of adult woman bodies, either. But if it fits you dont worry, no one will know unless it's something with giant glitter words on it.
CrossCuT Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 This conversation reminds me of a funny thing I saw the other day: Key is: Dress in a way that you feel pretty. Who cares what section it comes from.
Archaeology cat Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 This conversation reminds me of a funny thing I saw the other day: Key is: Dress in a way that you feel pretty. Who cares what section it comes from. Yep. I've always had my own style, and now my daughter does, too. I love seeing what she puts together. As a friend of mine says, "If I like the look of it, watch me rock it."
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now