Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The prop (reputation) system is now positive and negative. Now you can use props to "not like" a post. This will also decrease a member's reputation score.

I made the negative prop limit much smaller than the positive prop limit.

I think this will more accurately reflect a user's "reputation".

Also, unlike in the past, the negative props are not anonymous--so people will be able to see who liked or disliked posts.

I will use negative props for posts that are rude and uncharitable, and not for things I simply disagree with.

I hope this will motivate people to not only think about what they post, but how they are posting it.

Let the complaining (or negative props) begin...

Edited by dUSt
Posted

Thanks boss. :) 

Nihil Obstat
Posted

I would rather we not do this. I thought the negative points from before encouraged a lot of hostility. But I'd you think it will work, I guess I will give it a try.

I notice I have already gotten one negative somewhere.

Posted

I would rather we not do this. I thought the negative points from before encouraged a lot of hostility. But I'd you think it will work, I guess I will give it a try.

I notice I have already gotten one negative somewhere.

​LOL. I disliked your nazi cat picture. As a general rule, I will generally negative prop any type of nazi propganda. hahaha

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Nazi propaganda? What were you drinking this morning?

IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted (edited)

I would rather we not do this. I thought the negative points from before encouraged a lot of hostility. But I'd you think it will work, I guess I will give it a try.

I notice I have already gotten one negative somewhere.

​Like Nihil, I have concerns, although this new system of "ups and downs" addresses some of my concerns based on past experience.

@‌dUSt, it looks as if you have thought this through, so I'll see what happens. I know you are always doing your best to make Phatmass the best it can be.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola
Posted

I know which post you mean. It just seems like you would have to be a bit touched in the head to want to call it Nazi propaganda.

​Actually, I was looking for a post to test the negative prop feature. A picture of a cat wearing a swastika just seemed right.

PhuturePriest
Posted

I'm curious to see how long it takes for this to get so abused that you decide to take it off.

franciscanheart
Posted

YAY!! Thanks, dUSt!

Nihil Obstat
Posted

You should even it out then. 

Posted

I tried voting down  just cause, but it appears I cant. It says I have a limit of 1 per day but I havent voted anyone down yet.

PhuturePriest
Posted

​Actually, I was looking for a post to test the negative prop feature. A picture of a cat wearing a swastika just seemed right.

​Do negative props decrease overall prop count?

Nihil Obstat
Posted

You should even it out then. 

​Justice is served.

​Do negative props decrease overall prop count?

​They do.

Posted

​Do negative props decrease overall prop count?

​I hope so.

Posted

​Do negative props decrease overall prop count?

​Yes, they do. Thanks for testing. haha

Posted

I just figured that out - all by myself!

Posted

As a Cordial Non-Catholic, are we allowed to down vote? Appears I can  up vote but not down vote.

Posted

As a Cordial Non-Catholic, are we allowed to down vote? Appears I can  up vote but not down vote.

​I just made the prop limit for n00bs and non-Catholics +10 and -5.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...