Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

If Turner had spoken reprovingly against Blacks or gays, you know the media would have been all over him like white on rice. It only goes to show that anti-Catholicism is the only acceptable prejudice nowadays.

God bless,

Jennifer

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='BeenaBobba' date='Jun 14 2004, 11:48 AM'] If Turner had spoken reprovingly against Blacks or gays, you know the media would have been all over him like white on rice. It only goes to show that anti-Catholicism is the only acceptable prejudice nowadays.

God bless,

Jennifer [/quote]
[font="Courier"]Amen to that, Beena[/font]

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote] CNN (Clinton News Network)[/quote]

You forgot "Communist News Network" :rolling:

Posted

[quote name='musturde' date='Jun 13 2004, 10:49 PM'] I wouldnt trust anything unless it's completely affirmed, cuz there's different talk about this (and there has been since the war). Presidential elections are coming up and people think Bush came to Iraq and lied to America, maybe some Republicans are trying to get some people happy. (I'm no anti Republican. In fact I like the Republican party.) [/quote]
This article was a report from the UN. This is outside the US government, and if anything, the UN would be more slanted towards Kerry because if elected, he would become their lapdog. You can bet that if the UN says this, they are not making it up in order to help Bush.

Posted

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 13 2004, 11:06 AM'] And Putman, the Tet offense pulled the American heart out of the war. After that, seeing war and death invade the living rooms, people stopped supporting the war. Did the media bring it in yes. Did ABC attack the marines? [/quote]
Despite what the media at the time reported, the Tet Offensive was militarily an overwhelming victory for the US, but because of the reporting done by the media, it became a political victory for the Vietnamese. This is an example about how the media contributed to us losing the war.

And Vietnam WAS winnable, militarily. It was the micromanaging done by the politicians that tied the hands of the military that was the problem. We sat there for months on end watching them build up the air defenses around Hanoi. But the politicians would not give an ok to go in, since it was not politically expedient. But once all the military air defences were completely set up, the ok was given and we lost many aircraft and pilots because of it. This is just one of many examples on why it was the politicians that made us lose the war.

William Putnam
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 13 2004, 05:29 PM']Yeah, I want to welcome William.  I get the feeling he's a right-winger.  It's good to have another one![/quote]
ROTFLOL!!! :)

About as right wing as one could get, almost to [i]John Birch Society[/i] right wing!

Get us out of the United Nations, evict them from the city of New York, and have then relocate their headquarters to Paris, France where it belongs!

Bill+†+


[i]Democrats love the Vietnam War because they won and America lost.[/i]

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Excellent, William! I'm Micah and I will be your Reactionary/Republican for this evening.

May I interest you in a copy of National Review?

William Putnam
Posted

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jun 14 2004, 04:01 PM']Despite what the media at the time reported, the Tet Offensive was militarily an overwhelming victory for the US, but because of the reporting done by the media, it became a political victory for the Vietnamese.  This is an example about how the media contributed to us losing the war.

And Vietnam WAS winnable, militarily.  It was the micromanaging done by the politicians that tied the hands of the military that was the problem.  We sat there for months on end watching them build up the air defenses around Hanoi.  But the politicians would not give an ok to go in, since it was not politically expedient.  But once all the military air defences were completely set up, the ok was given and we lost many aircraft and pilots because of it.  This is just one of many examples on why it was the politicians that made us lose the war.[/quote]
BINGO! (Famous "Catholic" word)

And with Bill Clinton, giving up his Rhodes scholorship, left England to hob nob with the real enemy - the Soviet Union!

And the Democrats nominated him to the presidency..........It flabbergasts me today that he was ever elected president.

Bill+†+


[i]Democrats love the Vietnam War because they won and America lost.[/i]

William Putnam
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 14 2004, 04:10 PM'] Excellent, William! I'm Micah and I will be your Reactionary/Republican for this evening.

May I interest you in a copy of National Review? [/quote]
Hah! Yes you can! :)

As for the National Review, I really should subscribe to that fine publication.

Fox Cable Network News, especially with Shawn Hannity, keeps me juiced-up enough...

Bill+†+


[i]Democrats love the Vietnam War because they won and America lost.[/i]

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote]Fox Cable Network News, especially with Shawn Hannity, keeps me juiced-up enough...
[/quote]

I've got my "Deliver Us From Evil" 1st edition, autographed at home...

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 14 2004, 05:17 PM']
I've got my "Deliver Us From Evil" 1st edition, autographed at home... [/quote]
I love Sean Hannity!!!

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[font="Courier"]Mike Savage is on my read list [/font] :cool:

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Jun 15 2004, 10:56 AM'] [font="Courier"]Mike Savage is on my read list [/font] :cool: [/quote]
I gave him a chance. But he offended me too much in 3 minutes. Okay, blowing up the Statue of Libery and painting a tear on it and placing it on a boat and sending it back to the cry babys in France. Need I count the ways?

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[font="Courier"]ya - he often gets wound up
I enjoy his writing more than his radio show; I rarely listen to his program


Are you French? I am half, and that didn't bother me - you know I understand his point
[/font]

Posted

I am not French. LOL! But saying things like for about people because the disagree with you? Come on have something called charity and tact.

Posted

there may not be many repubs on fox but it has a very conserv and Christian policy .

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 18 2004, 11:05 AM'] I am not French. LOL! But saying things like for about people because the disagree with you? Come on have something called charity and tact. [/quote]
[font="Courier"]lol
i'll have your charity and tact up here in GR on the BBQ - next Easter
will you be comming up here?
we can stay up Sun night listeng to Matt Drudge and talk about the news
and drink sodas 'till the bugs give us west nile[/font] :cool:

William Putnam
Posted

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 17 2004, 05:28 PM']I gave him a chance. But he offended me too much in 3 minutes. Okay, blowing up the Statue of Libery and painting a tear on it and placing it on a boat and sending it back to the cry babys in France. Need I count the ways?[/quote]
Perhaps better yet, melt it down to make bullets!

With the beheading of another American, I am bracing myself for the "cut and run" messages from Kerry and the rest of the liberal Democrats.

The killing of nearly 3,000 Americans on 9/11 has not aroused them a bit...

God bless America!

Bill+†+

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Jun 18 2004, 01:03 PM'] [font="Courier"]lol
i'll have your charity and tact up here in GR on the BBQ - next Easter
will you be comming up here?
we can stay up Sun night listeng to Matt Drudge and talk about the news
and drink sodas 'till the bugs give us west nile[/font] :cool: [/quote]
I think it might be too far of a drive with school and all. LOL!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...