An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clares with Traditional Latin Mass

MarysLittleFlower

NadaTeTurbe

I think two communities can interest you : 

http://www.sistersofreparation.org/ Novus Ordo  Seeing all the misery in which the world has enmeshed itself we, in the words of Pius XI, “endeavor to expiate (our) own faults and those of others, to repair the honor of Christ, and to promote the eternal salvation of souls.” We offer ourselves as victims of love to shield the Sacred Heart from the sins committed against him at every moment. “Love is Reparation and Reparation is Love.”

Or the daughters of the heart of jesus. They have the EF. Their vocation is contemplative, with a good enclosure. They pray for : 
-reparation for the offence against the eucharistic heart of Jesus
- to offer the Blood of the Christ to the Holy Trinity for the elation of the Church
- the end of the secret society against the church (freemasons)
- the perfection of the priest and the consecrated 

They are in Italia, Switzeland, France, Austria, Belgium, Nederland, Croatia, but they have english-speaking sisters. 

Website in Italian : http://www.figliedelcuoredigesuvenezia.it/ 

In english about them : http://vultuschristi.org/index.php/2011/02/blessed-marie-de-jesus-a-life/ 

I don't know if it was the founder of the Religieuses Victimes or the Daughters who said that the hardest part of her religious life was to do less penance because the doctors asked her. I think it shows, that while the communities looks like severe, they are stable, and maybe more careful than other communities. 

Edited by NadaTeTurbe
I hate grammar

MarysLittleFlower

Thank you!! :) I really think more of such orders should come to Canada! We have so few contemplative orders. I'm glad vocations are happening elsewhere but we need some too! lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know the daily schedule. They have Divine Office, perpetual adoration, EF mass, and I don't know for other devotions. 

They are very devoted to the Sacred Heart. They do perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in a spirit of reparation for the offence commited against the Sacred Heart, specially by freemasons. They are also very devoted to the Passion of the Christ. 

Freemasons?!  What century do they live in?  Freemasons, a social group which maintains a strong group of Scottish Rite first-class

children's hospitals  (Los Angeles being one of the most famous), is mainly Protestant, I suppose --do they now admit Catholics?  Who knows?

By way of focus on the major events in Christianity, I would like to focus on the Resurrection.

MarysLittleFlower

Freemasons?!  What century do they live in?  Freemasons, a social group which maintains a strong group of Scottish Rite first-class

children's hospitals  (Los Angeles being one of the most famous), is mainly Protestant, I suppose --do they now admit Catholics?  Who knows?

By way of focus on the major events in Christianity, I would like to focus on the Resurrection.

Actually freemasonry has been banned by the Church and still is as Pope Benedict clarified in the past when he was asked. It is incompatible with Christianity for religious reasons. Our Lady of Good Success spoke of Freemasons and the 20th century several hundred years ago. Maybe the freemason members who are 'lower' aren't aware of everything. But the Church still forbids Catholics to be freemasons and with good reason. No matter how much money they give to social projects that doesn't solve their serious errors. Freemasons might talk as if Catholics are allowed, and downplay the differences, but they are incompatible and the Church forbids membership. There's even excommunication.

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

Also the Resurrection happened after the Cross :) something relevant in our lives too. Jesus' Passion is how He showed His love for us. I think its great to meditate on.

I don't expect freemasonry to be high on the list of Pope Francis' priorities.

NadaTeTurbe

​They were founded in a time where freemasons were high. They choose to not "update" their spirituality. It's not my cup of tea, I admit, but freemasons are still condemned by the church, and who know what the prayers of the nuns do ! If you speak french, there is a book "De Luther à Benoît XVI" (from Luther to Benedict XVI), written by a lutheran pastor and freemasons who became a catholic priest, and he speak about what mean freemasonry today, and the liturgy of freemasons - very interesting. 

As christian, we can't choose wich part of the life of Jesus we focus in - His birth, His life in Nazareth, His passion, His resurrection. We have to take all ! But what we can admit, is that we can choose wich, spiritualy, is for us. I feel very attracted to the hidden life in Nazareth by the Christ. This sisters are attracted by His passion. We can't judge their heart. 

Edited by NadaTeTurbe

MarysLittleFlower

I've been thinking about the hidden life at Nazareth too. There's an interesting book called "Life of Mary as seen by the mystics" - it's from TAN... it talks about the visions of some Saints and approved mystics about Mary's life including Nazareth. I read a bit and it's really interesting. She lived such a hidden life with her Son and St Joseph.. it's beautiful. There's such purity/ simplicity / goodness about it, when I read it I just wanted to live there with them somehow, though I'm not worthy of that :)

(the book is this one: https://www.tanbooks.com/index.php/life-of-mary-as-seen-by-the-mystics-2068.html )

About freemasons, personally I think it's still an issue and the Church didn't remove the condemnation so it's something I think about sometimes. I'm glad there's someone praying in reparation for this :)

MarysLittleFlower

I think it`s great the Sisters are focusing on the Passion :) I mean if someone dies for you..it`s something you would think about A LOT. Of course we also focus on the Resurrection, His ministry, Infancy, etc! The Saints had devotions to various parts of His life :)

NadaTeTurbe

I discovered the Nazareth spirituality with the Little Sisters of Jesus - they are contemplative sisters trying to live like Jesus, Mary and Joseph in Nazareth, in the poorest places of the country. Here you can read the beautiful life of Little Sister Madeleine : http://www.rc.net/org/littlesisters/Export5.htm . The sisters of the holy family of Villefranche de Rouergue also are from the Nazareth spirituality : 

By emptying himself and becoming as we are, Jesus identified Himself with us and especially with people without status. He embodies the tenderness, fidelity and mercy of God.

In His closeness to the lowly and the humble, He helps them to discover their true dignity as sons and daughters of his Father and theirs.

During His life at Nazareth, Jesus was already giving Himself for our salvation and this led Him through the Cross to the Resurrection.

In this mystery dawns a great hope capable of reaching every heart.

As Sisters of the Holy Family, we are determined to make our lives a continuation of this mystery off Incarnate Love – the mystery of God among us.

Called by the Lord, we pledge ourselves to follow Jesus of Nazareth.

when I was thinking about religious life, I always thought that I would not be a good sister. I thought "with your health, you can be a little sister, but not a big sister". Like, I know I will never have a life like Mother Teresa. But with the Nazareth Spirituality, I am discovering how much a little, hidden life, is beautiful too. It explains a lot of things for me. It really speaks to my hearth. 

MarysLittleFlower

That's so neat! :) I didn't realize there's a community like this. I think of religious life as living a hidden life with Jesus, only for Him. Some are called to be founders etc but its beautiful to be hidden too and its very humble and like His life in Nazareth :)

That's so neat! :) I didn't realize there's a community like this. I think of religious life as living a hidden life with Jesus, only for Him. Some are called to be founders etc but its beautiful to be hidden too and its very humble and like His life in Nazareth :)

​This was what Sister Therese of the Little Flower and the Holy Face wanted to be.  She wanted to be hidden and humble, even forgotten. For this she created her Little Way.  Have you read her autobiography, The Story of a Soul ( edited by her sister Celine)?   Instead, she, Therese, became a Doctor of the Church.

MarysLittleFlower

​This was what Sister Therese of the Little Flower and the Holy Face wanted to be.  She wanted to be hidden and humble, even forgotten. For this she created her Little Way.  Have you read her autobiography, The Story of a Soul ( edited by her sister Celine)?   Instead, she, Therese, became a Doctor of the Church.

I have her Autobiography and she's one of my very favourite Saints :)

MarysLittleFlower

Does anyone know if you have to be a Virgin to enter the Victimes du Sacré Cœur?

Hmm good question, I thought that a person only has to be a Virgin to be a Consecrated Virgin, but it's not necessary to be a nun? Some nuns are also CVs but that is rare nowadays. I don't know what the case is with this community... It seems like they are nuns though not CVs. Maybe someone here knows for sure :) I really like the charism of this order; i wish they had more communities that speak English too.. Welcome to the phorum! :) God bless you!