An Old School Catholic Message Board

Petition to Cancel Anti-Catholic Sit-Com

Not A Mallard

While not touted as a family show, you all do know that there's a show about the EXACT SAME THING that's been on for over a year called "The Mc Carthy's"  Good Irish Catholic family that has a gay son, a sporty son, an airhead daughter, a "Fr. Hyprocacy".  I think Boston is cool so I watched the pilot but it was way over the top "gay dilemma" stupidity so i didn't watch more.

The petition is already getting tons of media for the show.  I really don't get why it's that bad all shoved in the middle of the Goldbergs and Modern Family and all the other stupid shows out there.  It really isn't *that* special and there's no evidence that its against the Catholic Church besides exaggerating stereotypes.  The woman on the show comes from "Raising Hope" which was a sitcom that made tons of jokes about poor and mentally ill people.  It was often offensive.  Considering "Off the Boat" and "Blackish" are running, why do white people seem to feel they have a corner on the satire market these days?

That and have all the Catholics forgotten that IT IS NOT WRONG to be gay.  Not at all.  There's nothing in the preview for this show that indicates that there will be anything but some slapstick surrounding the gay son.  The fact that he refused to have sex--even with his gayness--is actually a good thing, isn't it?

I think it's pretty obvious that changing the definition of "family" would change the definition of "Disney".

I remember back when what's-her-face went riding naked on a wrecking ball, everyone got their panties all in a bunch that MTV had shown a naked lady. But if you watched MTV in the early 90s, you knew it was just a matter of time. Half-naked ladies lead to mostly naked ladies. And mostly naked ladies lead to all-naked ladies. Like, so duh.

Same thing.

I think it's pretty obvious that changing the definition of "family" would change the definition of "Disney".

I remember back when what's-her-face went riding naked on a wrecking ball, everyone got their panties all in a bunch that MTV had shown a naked lady. But if you watched MTV in the early 90s, you knew it was just a matter of time. Half-naked ladies lead to mostly naked ladies. And mostly naked ladies lead to all-naked ladies. Like, so duh.

Same thing.

​Its really funny that you mention Disney as "family" since for the first 40 years they made movies the mothers died...or fathers or whatnot.  Alot of orphans...so hardly ideal family

Everybody needs to stop watching all television. It makes viewers stupid. 

The government is not Big Brother. TELEVISION is Big Brother. 

(Am I being clear and forceful enough?)

​Proof that I'm on the right track (thus, implicitly, you should follow my advice) - Pope Francis hasn't watched television since 1990!

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/26/pope-reveals-he-hasnt-watched-tv-since-1990/21187109/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl9|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D1894390560